Business Development Manager – Merchant & Acquirers
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Business Group Overview
Deepening partnerships with merchants and acquiring clients is a critical component of Visa’s expand access strategy. Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) is the global Visa functional team tasked with the responsibility of delivering to this strategy. The Regional Client Management group within this MS&A function plays an important role in growing business with Regional Merchants and Acquirers in Asia Pacific markets. Visa has reinforced its focus on long-term acceptance growth by reinforcing its partnerships, enhancing market investments and having the right talent and organization to execute.
Reporting into Sr. BDL, this role will support VISA’s leading regional/global Acquirer and Merchants (based in AP region). Expected to engage with clients to execute initiatives that will drive increased revenue and Merchant Sales Volume (MSV). Success in this role will be measured by several factors including: growth in Visa revenue, VISA sales volume, growth in point of acceptance devices in market, growth in Digital capabilities and solutions deployed. Engage with market MS&A leads from a regional/hub perspective to provide a holistic regional account perspective.
Develop and strengthen regional Acquirers and merchant Clients partnership
• Build strong relationships by understanding our partner’s business , responding promptly to client requests/ inquiries and supporting their priorities
• Contribute in the evaluation and the prioritisation of clients’ requirements and opportunities to drive both volume and revenue growth.
• Contribute and support a comprehensive Customer Relationship Management process that includes Account plans and relationship management structure
• Take a solutions oriented approach, understand client needs and deliver solutions
• Ensure alignment with clients goals and objectives to deliver appropriate solutions
• Engage with Clients to identify and target under penetrated merchant segments
• Drive implementation of VISA’s acceptance strategy
• Support development and execution of suitable commercial solutions to achieve acceptance growth, (as measured by number of acceptance outlets, sales volume and share of spend) in new and existing sectors.
• Identify channel specific opportunities, develop an approach and formulate targets for capturing under penetrated payment channels ( eCommerce and Mobile commerce ) with Visa’s Products and Digital solutions
Drive Digital leadership
• Engage with clients at an operational and/or senior level to provide both tactical and strategic products and marketing aspects for Acceptance Development.
• Responsible for deployment of Visa Assets – CyberSource , Visa Token Services, Visa Direct , Contactless payments Provide training and sales support to relationship management staff.
Manage Internal cross-functional relationship
• Work across organisation to bring the best of Visa solutions and capabilities to our clients ( Products services, Solutions, Analytics, CSS)
• Deliver as One team , sharing responsibilities and resources
• Challenge status quo, providing diverse perspectives
• Ensure alignment with MS&A leaders in the markets to drive initiatives
This individual will report into Sr. Director for Regional Client Management in the Singapore hub team and is expected to interact effectively with the markets and Hub teams. This position will also involve frequent interaction and communication with key Clients as managed by the RCM team
• Payments expertise with a wide perspective on all elements of payments. The candidate must be able to collaborate and drive outcomes across various elements of payments such as merchant acquiring, processing, technology, payment facilitators & other intermediaries, etc.
• Reasonable knowledge and understanding of payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes
• Exposure to emerging payment technologies desirable
• Very good analytical skills and ability to interpret data from a business perspective
• Experience at managerial level in business development, partnership / account management or strategy / consulting is desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Development and preparation of executive level briefs
• Flexibility, cultural adaptability and ability to navigate complexity is required to succeed in a matrixed environment collaborating with varied stakeholders. The role requires the ability to work across cultures and industries.
• 5+ years of relevant experience with a graduate degree or higher in business or technology.
• Full time position, based in Singapore. Work may require travel in the region
If you’re interested in a career that will surprise you – get in touch with Visa today.