Information Security Analyst
- Ashburn, VA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Global Information Security team provides enterprise-wide, risk-based security and continuity capabilities to meet changing internal and external threat landscapes. The InfoSec team is responsible for identifying and protecting sensitive information, detecting and responding to cyber threats, and maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The successful candidate will work on the Security Architecture team responsible for protecting and improving Visa’s enterprise perimeter attack surface. The team is application security focused, and is responsible for web application security, vulnerability management, and handling responsibly disclosed vulnerabilities.
About the Job
- You will work with security professionals to test applications, services, and websites.
- You will work with application teams to help them remediate the vulnerabilities we find.
- You will participate in the vulnerability management workflow, track findings to remediation, and report metrics to management.
- You will review and manage vulnerabilities disclosed by 3rd parties.
- Key individual contributor role with accountability for researching, preventing, detecting, and remediating security vulnerabilities in web applications.
- Perform web application security testing to identify vulnerabilities and security risks to web applications and backend databases and collaborate with diverse IT and business teams to assist in the remediation efforts in a risk prioritized, effective, and efficient fashion.
- Collaborate closely with the Security Operations Center, Network Operations Center, application support, and other operations teams to ensure appropriate response to security findings.
- Conduct continuous security analysis on network, application, and infrastructure components; conduct causal analysis and work across IT and business teams to develop solutions that address root causes.
- Function as a subject matter expert during security incidents. Interact with and assist investigative teams within Visa on time sensitive, critical investigations.
- You love to take applications and code apart and can spot a vulnerability a mile away.
- You are familiar with the OWASP Top-10 and other common attack vectors.
- You stay current on trends in application security.
- You are familiar with tooling for automation of vulnerability discovery, such as fuzzing and dynamic application security testing tools.
- You can make recommendations to the engineering and development teams on addressing discovered vulnerabilities.
- You intuitively know how the Internet works and are familiar with its underlying technologies and protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, HTTPS, ASN, APIs, etc…
So what are we looking for in an Information Security Analyst?
- Knowledge of Web Applications and Technologies: understanding of application programming languages, application servers, web services, Internet protocols, browser technology, common vulnerabilities, security best practices, automated assessment tools, and manual testing techniques specific to web applications.
- Experience with application security testing tools such as IBM AppScan, HP WebInspect, Veracode, WhiteHat Sentinel, and BurpSuite.
- Knowledge of and experience with applying Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE), Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS), Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) and Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) processes and remediation recommendations.
- The proven ability to influence and communicate effectively: excellent written and verbal communications skills, including an ability to communicate very technical findings to both technical and non-technical audiences, including project managers, systems engineers, developers, enterprise architects, and senior management.
- Knowledge and experience with diverse IT architectures and enterprise IT data centers, large scale transaction processing environments, external hosted services and cloud computing environments.
- Scripting/programming skills and familiarity with ethical hacking beneficial
- Must be both a self-starter and team player with the ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Must be extremely flexible and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities on very tight deadlines.
- Associates degree in computer science or relevant field required. Bachelor degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in Information Security with involvement in application security, vulnerability management, or penetration testing.
- Security-related certifications (CISSP, OSCP, GWAPT, etc…) a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.