Sr. Systems Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Candidate will serve as a Senior SQL Developer. The individual must have database administration, database management and SQL development experience in a computer-related field using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services. Must have experience moving large volumes of data from disparate sources into a central repository. Candidate should be experienced in SSIS packages, ETL processes, developing data loads, writing automated data exports and implementing and documenting database schemas. Knowledge of software
development life cycle required. In addition, this position would be supporting existing operational activities. Candidate will contribute to data quality analysis projects and assist in recommendations for improvement. Candidate should also have report development experience utilizing Business Objects.
Candidate will be required to build reports for both business needs as well as reports for integration verification efforts.
Perform all SDLC phases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) & SSRS
and SQL Server T-SQL stored procedures
Develop optimized SQL Server stored procedures, functions, and database views
Applying in depth knowledge and experience with transactional databases to solve
performance issues by applying Database design best practices and indexes
Creating database triggers, views, functions and stored procedures
Perform data administration tasks such as archiving, index & statistics
maintenance, backup and log file maintenance.
Experience developing with MS SQL Server 2005 and/or 2008, experience in data
Ability to create efficient SQL queries for core transactional system as well as
Responsible for activities involved in the analysis, design, development, troubleshooting,
debugging and maintenance of enterprise, high-volume, transactional systems
Create ETL mappings documents and perform extracts and imports of large datasets.
Performance monitoring, tuning and capacity planning of the SQL server environment
Strong experience with Logical and Physical Data Modeling
Exposure to Warehousing and ETL tools is a plus.
Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
Experience with Business Objects report development a plus
- 5-8 years MS SQL Server 2005/2008 experience required
- Minimum 5 years ETL development and Data Warehousing experience including SQL
Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- BS in Computer Science.
- Experience implementing ETL processes in a production data warehouse, relational and multi-dimensional data modeling, including the use of standard data modeling tools, preferably Erwin
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
- Able to communicate effectively to both technical engineers and business users
- Able to work independently to solve complex engineering problems
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage competing demands while ensuring the fulfillment of business and department goals
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple project/task assignments simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills to help diagnose root cause of problems
- Proven experience in gathering and translating business requirements into tangible goals while understanding its technical/operational requirements and limitations
- A team player, work effectively with team members and outside teams and vendors to create win-win situation
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Experience with Business Objects report development a plus
- Visual Basic/VBScript and .Net experience a plus
- Understanding of ITIL best practices and CMDB, a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.