Risk Analyst - Supplier Risk Management
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Supplier Risk Management team is a part of the Global Sourcing organization at Visa. When Visa buys goods or services from suppliers, we must understand the risk of buying those goods or services. If there are risks to Visa, we conduct appropriate due diligence on the supplier before the contract is signed. Applying a risk-based approach to engaging suppliers is good, ethical business practice to protect Visa, our employees and our clients. Moreover, our clients expect us, as one of their critical suppliers, to have a strong supplier risk management program to protect them and their clients and cardholders. In fact, the banks and Visa are subject to various regulatory (e.g. Bank of England, FFIEC) and legal requirements put in place to protect consumers. Visa’s supplier risk management program is designed to ensure we meet all these requirements.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the Supplier Risk Management Program. The Risk Analyst will be responsible for three main activities. First is performing supplier assessments. This includes assessing supplier engagement for risk exposure by validating services and inherent risks, working with risk stakeholder programs (Anti-Bribery, Physical Security, Data Privacy, etc.) to complete due diligence requirements and determine residual risks, and work closely with all parties to resolve and close risk issues. Second is reporting. The analyst will be responsible for managing and maintaining the Tiered Monitoring List, a list of all of Visa suppliers and their risk level. In addition, the analyst will be working on operational reporting metrics and SLAs. SRMP reports monthly to the Operational Risk Subcommittee and annually to the Corporate Risk Committee and FFIEC and the analyst will support requests for these types of management reporting. Lastly, the analyst will be supporting the Supplier Risk Business Program Director on management of Visa Supplier Manager (VSM) including implementing upgrades and maintaining the integrity of the tool.
- Manage incoming risk assessments and conduct due diligence evaluations of suppliers for a specific region or category of services/products
- Conduct ongoing periodic risk assessment of suppliers to ensure inherent and residual risk remain accurate
- Understanding of inherent risks, controls, and residual risks as applicable for companies in the financial services and technology industry to evaluate risk profiles to determine if the responses for questions in request submitted by Business Owners accurately represent the supplier risk posed to Visa by the requested goods and services
- Ability to act as a liaison between different stakeholders and business owners to ensure accurate risk and control information related to the requested goods and services is being documented
- Ability to quickly develop strong understanding of the process flow and risk logic within the supplier manager tool to successfully support business and risk stakeholder in completing risk assessments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Excellent internal customer service to ensure SLAs are met in a timely and thoughtful manner.
- Good to have proficiency in Financial Systems (Ariba, iProcurement, Oracle, Hiperos) to be able to understand data flow in various systems and determine most efficient course of action to remedy issues.
- Have an understanding of relational databases to be able to pull and synthesis large amount of data from VSM in order to support various reporting requirements.
- Develop and run consistent and accurate reports related to the supplier list and analyze data to prepare supplier reporting for senior management
- Store the artifacts of the supplier oversight process in Visa systems.
- Identify issues with the output of the SRMP Tool which need to be addressed and corrected.
- Identify improvements to the process or changes to the VSM tool in order to streamline or improve end user experience
1-2 years of experience in risk, vendor management or audit professional, preferably with a major financial institution or payment card company
1-2 years of evaluating and managing supplier risk in a regulated environment, preferably financial services, including, the current bank examination and review process.
Understanding of inherent risks, controls and residual risks and/or risk assessments of entities in financial or payment industry
1-2 experience in system administration, system implementation, reporting/analytics
1-2 years of experience in software engineering with experience in configuring SAAS solutions
Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on course of action.
Excellent customer service and customer support skills.
Experience with successful support internal customers and suppliers.
Detail orientation and strong analytical skills and experience in evaluating inherent risk in engaging suppliers.
High level of self-motivation and initiative, and ability to operate effectively as a team player.
Flexibility and ability to think creatively and to identify new ways to approach old problems.
Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree in business, economics or risk will be appreciated
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.