Director, Business Continuity Management (Individual Contributor)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Visa’s Global Business Continuity organization is searching for an experienced Business Continuity professional to join the Business Continuity Management team in the role of Director as an individual contributor.
As a global technology payments brand that connects merchants, banks and consumers, it is important that Visa is resilient through its preparedness and effective response to disasters and business disruptions. Global Business Continuity protects corporate assets through effective continuity risk management, building operational resilience. The organization consists of three departments: Crisis Management, Business Continuity Management, and IT Disaster Recovery.
The position is likely to require occasional off-business hour availability and possible travel.
· Support the Head of the Business Continuity Management team in all aspects of the role as “second in command”, ranging from global program implementation to team mentorship
· Assist in developing the program roadmap by providing leadership and strategic guidance on design and implementation in accordance with annual program requirements
· Lead implementation of the annual Business Continuity Management program. This includes:
o Providing active support to daily oversight of the core program as well as cross-functional efforts such as Vendor Resilience and Recovery Capability Alignment
o Leading business continuity focused meetings with senior and executive management to set the scope of the annual program
o Performing business impact assessments (BIA), assisting in business continuity plan (BCP) development, and planning, conducting and evaluating exercises
· Monitor and track program compliance and effectiveness in collaboration with the Metrics & Reporting team through the development and ongoing maintenance of dashboards and metrics for management awareness of Business Continuity Management program state of readiness
o This includes working extensively with large and complex data sets in Excel, using advanced formulas and analysis
· Provide oversight to maintaining Visa’s organizational business continuity hierarchy and supporting data in the organizational planning tool
· Understand relevant laws, industry regulations and government code as well as the types of audits the organization is subject to
· Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree encouraged in Business, Technology, Finance, and Organizational Resilience
· Preferred studies include Business Administration, Business Continuity Management, Management Information Systems, and Computer Science
· CBCP certification required; MBCP encouraged
· A minimum of five years of relevant and proven business continuity management experience
· Strong track record of collaboration and teamwork beyond direct-line reporting
· Demonstrated proficiency in Office 365 suite, Tableau, business continuity planning software, and emergency management notification systems
· Applied experience in strategy development and implementation of automated workflows leveraging technology
· Ability to work in fast-paced, rapidly changing, and high pressured environment
· Strong interpersonal and indirect influencing skills, with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence of individuals at various organizational levels
· High level of personal initiative, creativity and self-motivation
· Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.