Director, Visa Direct NA Product Commercialization
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa Direct is a new payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts in the U.S. and around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payouts to shared economy providers), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), and more. The push payments market in North America is estimated to be more than $10 Trillions of payment volume, replacing cash, checks, and ACH with push credits directly into bank accounts in real-time.
The NAVD Director, Product Commercialization will be a key team member of the NAVD team responsible for commercialization of all consumer funded use-cases with an addressable market opportunity of 1.2 Trillion in the U.S. alone. As Director, you will work closely with various teams across Visa to successfully develop solutions and partnerships to scale our business. As one of the most diverse roles at Visa, you will excel at handling ambiguity and uncertainty. The ideal candidate should know what it is like to start something from scratch, grow it structurally and methodically. The team is in need of a leader who have been directly involved in scaling a product or business from inception – we are at the tip of the iceberg and need to push hard to capture opportunity in front of us in full.
Product management: Review and revamp all aspects of the Account Funding Transaction (AFT) product including strategic direction, rules and compliance, pricing and billing, issuer economics and communications, go-to-market approach, etc. This is a complex product with significant strategic implications for Visa and our partners – will require a leader that can balance growth with risk management
Grow the core: P2P use-case is the main force behind adoption of the push payments by the consumer and payment eco-system and will be the main driver of our growth in the next few years. You must manage relationships with the focus on growing our programs with some of our marquee partners such as Square Cash, PayPal, Google Send, Facebook Messenger, and Zelle/EWS. These programs require special handling as they are on the “bleeding edge” of the push payments and often experience unforeseen issues which must be resolved with a high sense of urgency to ensure the overall health of the programs and push payment eco-system.
- Work with teams across Visa to identify new consumer funded use-cases; develop go-to-market strategy and pricing to tackle them and win deals
- Partner with the Global Visa Direct to develop a value proposition, operational business model and go-to-market approach for U.S. based cross-border remittance companies
- Assist with the development and execution of bill pay strategy
- BA/BS in Business, or similar field; MBA preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience with payment processing, payment services product management, business operations, or consulting
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) for external clients and internal partners
- Fast learner and critical thinker, ability to interpret rules and policies and clearly articulate applicability to programs
- Strong project management and organization skills to keep large cross-functional teams delivering towards a common goal
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audience in an approachable way
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on clients
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.