- Bengaluru, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Lead technology delivery of projects across BI vertical, coach, mentor and develop talent to be productive across BI application teams
Assist management in development of Business Intelligence products by helping to drive project planning, estimation, budget, resource forecasting, and technology planning.
Review business requirement, developing conceptual approaches, designing and development of various BI and analytics components.
Collaborate with application developers, architects, engineers, and various groups supporting applications to drive new initiatives.
Collaborate with project and development teams to ensure on time delivery of projects, production support plans, and knowledge transfer for long-term supportability of upgrades, enhancements, and deployments.
Identify existing productivity issues and opportunities, develop methods and systems to improve these functions, and manage their implementation.
Develop close working relationships and dependencies with members of teams within the organization.
Serve as liaison between the various organizational entities and build relationships with members of these organizations.
Design Business Intelligence applications utilizing all possible information delivery channels.
Work closely with data architects, application development, ETL development team to design and implement BI applications using shared architecture and Enterprise Data Warehouse.
Work with the application development team to develop custom screens and applications using the BI framework.
Understand the positioning of a solution within the company and to builds plan to effectively gain buy-in from all participants.
Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
Work with the leads to manage the development, oversee programming and testing functions to ensure that projects delivered within timelines and fulfill expectations.
Conduct training for internal reporting team and end-user training for both technical and business users.
Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties on software development or support issues.
Lead development and oversee programming and testing functions to ensure that projects fulfill expectations.
Basic Qualifications - Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or other technical discipline required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of software development experience (with a concentration in data centric initiatives), with demonstrated expertise in leveraging standard development best practice methodologies.
- Minimum of 10 or more years of hands-on experience in developing business applications for large corporations with experience in both batch and online systems.
- Minimum of 4 or more years of hands-on expertise with Hadoop and Big Data tools and applications.
- Minimum of 6 or more years of hands-on expertise with MicroStrategy, Tableau and other BI platforms.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of hands-on expertise with C, C++, C#, Java, Python or any other scripting / programming language.
- Extensive knowledge of relational database (ex UDB and Oracle) and SQL development experience is required.
- Deep knowledge of all DW-related components (Sourcing, ETL, Data Modeling, Infrastructure, BI, Reporting, Data Visualization, Predictive Analytics) and multiple tools including custom application development to support those components.
- Possess superb business analytic ability as well as astute awareness of state-of-the-art and best practices for data warehousing, data base marketing, consumer analytics, knowledge management, interactive near real time data base processing and data visualization.
- Demonstrate expertise in data warehouse development, management of information systems and enterprise data store approaches with progressive career experience managing technologies and technology BI operations in large, complex, and geographically diverse operations.
- Development experience in a cross-platform, multi-tier environment.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise way.
- Quick learner; self-starter, detailed and thorough.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.