Systems Analyst - O&I Business Operations
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The main function of a systems analyst is to analyze asset license, configuration data, and data processes throughout the life cycle of an asset. A typical systems analyst is responsible for analyzing user requirements, automate and improve existing systems integrations and review system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations. An entry-level business systems analyst typically has a Bachelors degree in a computer related major with broad knowledge and experience related to relational databases, ETL concepts and common scripting languages. The technical skills, including using T-SQL, SSIS, and familiarity in scripting languages.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Gather requirements from business units and translate those to technical specification
· Confer with clients regarding the nature of the data and data source systems, processing or computation needs
· Build integration packages to bring in new data from 60+ source systems into centralized data warehouse.
· Live and breathe data analysis and understand common problems with datasets
· Ability to work independently and build relationships with engineers, financial analysts and business analysts
· Support system admin responsibilities such as deployment, configuration and patching for internally owned tools
· Must be comfortable with ambiguity and fast change with an ability to adapt quickly and easily
· Must have a high attention to detail and accuracy in all work products
· Exercises minimal independent judgment with direction from supervisor
· Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills (Required)
· Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time (Required)
· Basic knowledge of ETL concepts and data warehousing (Preferred)
· Basic knowledge of SQL and SSIS etc (Required)
· Able to read and understand scripting languages like Python, C#, .Net.
· Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
· 1-3 years relevant experience required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.