Manager, Fraud & Breach Investigations – Payment Fraud Disruption
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa’s Global Fraud and Breach Investigations team is dedicated to promoting the security and long-term prosperity of the Visa payment system. The Investigations team facilitates the resolution of external data compromise incidents, drives notification of at-risk accounts to stem fraud impacts, and blends forensic evidence, intelligence and fraud analysis to formulate remediation plans that strengthens payment system security.
The Investigations team is seeking a Manager/ Fraud Investigations with a penchant for dissecting complex fraud schemes related to data compromise events. This numerically oriented fraud detective will be tasked with identifying the extraordinary in ordinary, pinpointing and interpreting complex fraud schemes, and managing external breaches of payment card data. This person will parse large data sets to triangulate common points of purchase and contribute to the development of next-generation methodologies that expedites the investigation of suspected or confirmed fraud loss, theft or compromise of Visa account data. Strategic projects include:
- Manage external compromise events by combining payment intelligence leads and fraud solutions to proactively identify and manage high-profile payment card breaches.
- Triage fraud reports and leads generated by intelligence groups, clients, law enforcement, and internal sources.
- Publish alerts and disseminate at-risk accounts to financial institutions leveraging Visa’s world-class Compromise Account Management System (CAMS).
- Conduct in-depth fraud analysis in support of investigations and present findings to clients.
- Manage a diverse set of client portfolios to ensure adherence to Visa’s What to Do if Compromise (WTDIC) requirements.
- Provide assistance to local, state and federal law enforcement agencies investigating incidents of fraud.
- Collaborate with Fraud Directors to progress high-profile compromise investigations.
- Prepare reports, briefings and other written products for senior management.
- Represent Visa on external and internal risk and industry working groups.
- Coordinate the delivery of monthly and quarterly executive management reports, identifying prevailing data breach trends and develop new methodologies for statistical analysis
5+ years of experience relevant work experience that includes but is not limited to, financial technology, payment risk or security professional with a financial institution, merchant or payments technology company.
Proven record of successfully investigating and resolving financial crimes or security incidents.
Adaptive to changes in business priorities with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Ability to work in a fluid environment with varied deadlines while possessing an intense focus to drive assignments to completion.
Meticulous attention to detail with a knack for mining large data sets to support clear and concise recommendations on course of action.
Superior written, oral and presentation skills with an ability to influence at a senior management level both internally and externally.
Possess a high level of self-motivation, initiative and operates effectively in collaborative environments.
Hold a background in information security, forensic investigations or data analytics.
Undergraduate degree or relevant experience in payment risk or data security.
Professional accreditation a plus – CISSP, CFE, or other relevant certifications or accreditation.
Hard-working, fun team that values our dynamic collection of experience, backgrounds, and perspectives. One size most definitely does not fit all, and we firmly believe in doing things outside of the way they've always been done, if the new way could be better. We are fluid, dynamic, and always looking to evolve and improve, either ourselves, each other, our product or our experience. Dreamers, doers, and practical jokers welcome here
**PLEASE SUBMIT a 2-3 page WRITING SAMPLE IN PDF FORM ALONG WITH YOUR RESUME** Sample can be of any topic of your choice ideally related to fraud/ or forensic investigations **
NOTE: The hiring team will consider applicants who are located in proximity to other VISA offices in the US (Denver, Miami, Austin, Lehi, Ashburn, Bellevue)
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.