Director - Solution Architect, Digital Solutions and Deployment, India and South Asia
- Mumbai, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
You will serve as the market lead for solution design within the Digital Deployment and Solutions team in the India and South Asia region. By being on the frontline of one of AP’s high growth and high potential markets, the role holder is expected to identify trends relevant to Visa Inc. and convert those trends into innovative new business concepts that can be commercialized in India, South-Asia or elsewhere.
- The candidate will be responsible for development of domestic solutions as well as adapting global solutions/platforms to meet market requirements
- The candidate will be required to carry out market assessment to identify needs/gaps and working closely with s stakeholders, within Visa and with other key industry players, lead the creation of solutions with a consumer-first mindset
- The role holder will also serve as the face for Visa in interactions with many external stakeholders, such as eCommerce companies, processors, mobile network operators, chip and handset suppliers, payment gateway providers, etc
- The right candidate must possess solid technical and functional understanding of payment systems, protocols and frameworks, and this must be balanced with business acumen and commercial instincts
- Familiarity with technologies and systems used in payments, mobile and e-commerce; specifically, in areas of 3-D Secure, EMV, authentication, NFC, tokenization, remote payments, money transfers and push payments as also a working knowledge of system interconnection methods (APIs, SDKs, ISO messages etc.)
- The candidate must also have strong coordination and project management skills so as to be able to effectively deliver on large cross-functional projects working with colleagues and partners across multiple geographies and time zones
- You will be charged with design and development of digital solutions and will be empowered to consultatively make decisions relating to solution architecture, deployment of resources and funds, adjustment of project timelines and delivery plans.
Solution Design. Working hand-in-hand with colleagues from other functional areas the role holder must be a catalyst for development of new solutions leveraging Visa’s and external platform capabilities:
Program Management and Deployment. Program manage solution design and development working with internal and external stakeholders. Develop and track against detailed project plans with timely management reporting and escalation to ensure timely delivery
- Engineering and/or business degree preferred – masters advantageous
- 10-15 years working experience – with experience in payments/commerce in digital product development, solution design, system integration
- Solid knowledge of payment technologies with an engineering thinking mindset
- Familiarity with payment systems (switches, gateways, directories etc.) and architectures
- Understanding of mobile payment and e-commerce platforms, services, and commercial models
- Curiosity and keenness to develop an understanding of new technologies, payment business models and profitability drivers
- Good internal and external stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Should be comfortable interacting with and presenting to senior management at clients, Visa and other partners
- Excellent inter-personal skills (including cross-cultural sensitivity / adaptability).
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Strong appreciation of technology and trends to be able to demonstrate thought leadership
- Self-motivated, results driven, flexible, customer focused.
- Should be a strong team-player
- Ability and experience of work in a multi-cultural, matrix environment is required
- Driven, self-starter