Marketing Director, Latin America & Caribbean
- Miami, FL, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind– making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do, and CyberSource, a Visa company, is the payment management platform that drives our merchant enablement agenda. CyberSource is the global category leader in its space, enabling over $350B of global digital commerce annually. Authorize.Net is the small business line of solutions of CyberSource. Over 450,000 merchants worldwide use CyberSource and Authorize.Net payment management solutions to enable sales growth, create new customer experiences and business models, mitigate risk, and operate with greater agility. CyberSource is the only payment management solution that operates as part of Visa, and thereby uniquely benefits from the security, innovation and global scale, only Visa can provide.
Visa is an advocate for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
The Marketing Director, CyberSource/MS&A Marketing LAC, is responsible for leading the development and execution of the CyberSource/MS&A marketing plan and strategy in the LAC region. This position is based in Miami, Florida and reports to the VP of Digital Merchant Products (CyberSource & Authorize.Net). This position is also a core member of the regional leadership team and works closely with the head of Merchant Solutions and Analytics for Latin America. The role will be based in Miami, FL (USA), Sao Paulo, Brasil or Mexico City, Mexico.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced B2B technology marketer, with a proven track record of leadership, strategic planning, and B2B program execution, driving PR and B2B demand generation across multiple SaaS services products and verticals.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The Marketing Director will oversee activities involving the CyberSource and Authorize.Net solutions as well as the MS&A Software Solutions (and other MS&A as jointly determined in region).
The key areas of responsibility include:
- Develop regional CyberSource/MS&A LAC marketing strategy, demand plans and target metrics
- Lead design, development, and implementation of merchant marketing programs, events, lead nurturing across LAC; account-based marketing and target account marketing programs; loyalty and retention programs; partner marketing/co-marketing programs and all marketing materials to be used with merchants and acquiring
- Report on performance to plan and KPIs, including establishing and shaping scorecard (in conjunction with the Marketing Ops team)
- Manage CyberSource LAC marketing budget planning, allocation and variance; be the steward of MS&A budget utilization
- Develop effective regional messaging and positioning (in conjunction with the Solutions Marketing and regional MS&A sales team)
- Deliver regional content and messaging to enable sales and demand campaigns
- Drive regional PR/AR in conjunction with WW Solutions Marketing and regional Visa Corporate Relations
- Deliver leads and pipeline activity commensurate with region pipeline
- Lead CyberSource/MS&A marketing team, fostering an ethic of excellence and business savvy marketing
- Drive accountability, formalize staff development, and foster a creative, collaborative, vibrant team culture
- Participate as a respected member of the CyberSource Marketing Leadership Team and LAC MS&A business team; represent MS&A in the LAC Marketing Team
- 12+ years of B2B marketing experience spanning PR, solutions marketing, and demand marketing for technology/enterprise software solutions. Background preferably includes marketing of small business and enterprise-class solutions, such as enterprise software, BPM, professional services, or SaaS-based solutions targeting Finance, Operations, and IT professionals. Knowledge of ecommerce operations and payment services strongly desired
- Ability to quickly understand new product and industry concepts to a point of marketing savvy
- Proven ability to synthesize business goals, business state, industry dynamics, and financial targets and convert them into well-formed demand and marketing plans (crisp, clear, data-driven, detail-attentive plans)—delivering strategic, quantifiable business results
- B2B campaign and program skills: proven success managing the development and execution of complex sale/enterprise-class B2B marketing and small business marketing programs. Skills include: agency selection and engagement, briefing skills, media selection and purchase, email marketing, webinars, events, web marketing (SEO, SEA), and social media. Experience with marketing automation/automated lead nurturing systems such as Eloqua/Marketo, as well as SalesForce CRM systems required
- Product/solutions marketing management skills: creation of go-to-market plans, excellent messaging, and positioning acumen; development of sales tools and campaign assets based on astute segmentation, as well as understanding and mapping of buyer journey; and, product launch management
- Strong ethic of managing the marketing function to measurable goals and business accountability, including pipeline performance KPIs, attainment of revenue goals/product mix targets, and budget management
- Demonstrated ability to execute responsibilities with a high degree of integrity and peer respect; a systems thinker; both analytical and creative; excellent communicator visually and verbally. Work product demonstrates attention to detail, as well as sensitivity to design and messaging
- Ability to drive and manage change; build and lead a highly productive and motivated marketing team with an emphasis on managing marketing as a key business function that helps drive business agenda and co-owns business and sales results
- Ability to build relationships across the organization and influence key stakeholders
- Capable of engaging customers and partners at senior levels
- Excellent influencing skills to drive implementation of marketing strategy across functions
- Possesses professional presence and demeanor; Is calm and measured in the face of challenge; exhibits effective individual contributor leadership skills. Self-starter, collaborative. Builds cross-functional relationships with Sales, Product, Customer Support, and other Visa & CyberSource stakeholders.
- Demonstrate energy and positive response when tackling challenging situations and view complicated tasks as engaging or motivating.
- Proven reputation development (PR) experience and success in the Latin American region required.
- BA/BS Marketing or communications (or equivalent skills/experience); MBA preferred
- Must be proficient in English and Spanish. Portuguese would be advantageous.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.