Business Development Leader, Merchant Sales & Acquiring, Thailand
- Bangkok, Thailand
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Business Development Leader has the responsibility for managing Visa’s Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) function in Thailand with the primary focus on deepening Visa’s relationship with key strategic merchants and acquirers. The role is required to provide merchant acquiring/ merchant acceptance knowledge and processes for Thailand with extra supports in general technical related implementation area by liaising internally and externally with subject matter experts.
The Business Development Leader is responsible for understanding and communicating local market needs, effectively defining market specific strategies with the help of Hub and global support, and to execute strategies in a timely manner.
• Broaden Visa’s acceptance footprint across all channels including face to face, online and mobile.
• Drive Visa Merchant Sales Volume (MSV) via merchant outlet expansion, initiatives and projects that will grow revenue.
This position requires experience in the card payment industry, specifically in acquiring and merchant businesses. The candidate should be familiar with the market landscape, bank clients, merchants and local regulations.
The Business Leader should have the ability to:
• Build strong relationships with staff at all levels at key merchants and merchant acquirers thereby understanding their business priorities and drivers well
• Know how Visa’s products and acceptance services can meet our clients’ needs
• Identify and translate business development opportunities into compelling business cases
• Implement successful marketing programs and initiatives that capture the essence of Visa’s and the merchant partner’s proposition, thereby driving MSV
New Acceptance Development
• Develop strategy to identify opportunities to grow card acceptance, by analyzing segment potential and acceptance gaps in the market
• Support and manage the implementation of strategic plans for new acceptance initiatives
• Partner with key merchants and key acquirers for growth
Merchant & Acquirer Relations
• Manage relationship with key merchants and acquirers
• Lead in marketing and activation campaigns with key merchant partners
• Cross sell new Visa products and solutions
• Monitor progress to ensure campaign/ program is successful
• Monitor and enforce Visa rules with merchants and acquirers
• Prepare regular performance reports, MSV tracking and program updates
• Handle all reporting and compliance requirements
• Perform competitive analysis and benchmarking
• Ability to work successfully in matrix organization
• Establish good working relationship with Country Manager and Sales team, cross functional teams from MS&A hub, CSS, legal, Compliance, Product and Marketing
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 10-12 years of business experience in card acquiring/ merchant industry
• Knowledge of payments / financial industry is essential.
• Knowledge or experience in transit and/or mobile payment related is advantage
• Proven track record in sales and relationship management.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Experience and knowledge of POS terminal and payment gateway industry preferred
• Results oriented with a strong will to win.
• Ability to take initiatives.
• Good team player.
• Creative and innovative thinking.
• Customer focused.
If you’re interested in a career that will surprise you – get in touch with Visa today.