Sr. SW Engineer - REF12192T
- Singapore, Singapore
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is looking for a software engineer who will join Visa’s Next Generation Operation Products team responsible for developing complex solutions & design, implement, maintain enterprise software for key applications used by Visa’s Operations & Infrastructure team.
You will be working in a dynamic, agile & global development team and will get excellent experience
that will help you throughout your career.
- Plan, design & implement a tool or solution’s architecture
- Develop custom solutions using the available tools to solve business problems
- Evaluate and implement tools releases, upgrades, fixes and patches
- Provide 3rd level support for tools by working with vendor(s)
- Write optimized unit testing, behavior testing & functional testing code by collaborating with the end users / customers & developers.
- Work with various internal teams in Visa to ensure adherence toward standard software
development/management methodology & framework.
- Lead meetings and discussions with non-technical teams.
- Find the best and most creative solutions to many different types of problems and help our
client & internal teams to achieve their goals.
- Be an aficionado & advocate of latest technology in enterorise tools, automation & QA domain. Apply these technologies in a manner that empowers Visa in achieving operational & development excellence.
- Masters in computer Science with 2 years of experience or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science with 5 years of experience
- Demonstrated experience with writing scripts in Python/Perl/Ruby/Bash/PowerShell.
- Experience with REST, SOAP, JSON and XML is helpful.
- Good working knowledge with Databases (e.g. MSSQL, MySQL etc.)
- Experience with enterprise tools like
- Event Management Solutions e.g. IBM Netcool
- Log management tools e.g. Splunk
- Process or workflow automation software (e.g. Resolve / HPOO / BAO / Activiti etc.)
- Working knowledge of IT management protocols such as ICMP, SNMP, WMI, syslog-ng, SSH, etc.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle required
Good to have/ plus
- ITSM Process experience (e.g. Change Management, Incident Management etc.)
- Working experience with ITSM Tools (e.g. Service Now, BMC Remedy etc.)
- Previous use of GIT or Subversion for code management and versioning.
- Development of RESTful APIs, a huge plus.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts, IP routing, access-lists, layer 2 switching
- Linux familiarity and experience working in a shell environment.
- Familiarity with Network, Systems and Infrastructure Management concepts, for example FCAPS model is good to have.
Expected General Soft Skills
- Ability to engage on technical issues and concepts across multiple organization levels inside and outside Visa.
- Able to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate and manage diverse groups and functions organized within different organizational reporting lines
- Ability to lead and self-manage projects and tasks.
- Ability, desire and motivation to learn quickly and pick up new skills.
- Organized and be able to prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines
- Make independent judgments/decisions within established guidelines
- Demonstrable teamwork attitude, ready to initiate collaboration and resolve conflicts
- ITIL and project management certification a plus