- Bengaluru, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
This team is a part of Client Info organization and is responsible for handling the client information systems which are crucial for VISA business. We are currently working on a multi-year effort to modernize our business systems. Our objective is to adopt more open software technologies and get away from proprietary systems (Mainframe, etc.).
A successful candidate will work as an individual contributor who will be able to deliver quality work product in collaboration with more senior members of the team. The candidate should be very versatile & should be able to quickly adapt to any change in technologies used.
- Design, implement and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant web based applications.
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques
- Contribute to efficient development process pipeline by leveraging best-in-class CI/CD tools
- Ensuring proper documentation and internal publishing of design tradeoffs, code best practices and lessons learned
- Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high quality product that meets technical requirements
- Drive the design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards.
- Cultivate and suggest ideas for the extension of current system to new products and services
- Mentor & support the junior engineers on their work assignments & do code reviews.
- Adaptable to changing project priorities & technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Masters degree is a plus.
- 4+ years of development experience.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required
- Deep understanding of SOA principles and Web Services technologies: REST & SOAP
- Experience with back-end technologies such as J2EE, JDBC, JMS, Spring, Hibernate & JMX
- Experience in relational database usage with commercial-grade databases. Working knowledge on NoSQL DB considered a plus
- Expert in OO design and design patterns
- Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
- Should be an excellent team player with positive attitude
- Should be ready to go the extra mile to meet the project milestones.
- Skillset to produce efficient, well-structured, easily maintainable code
- Should be able to challenge conventional ways of doing things by coming up with innovative ideas.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.