Staff Systems Engineer - REF12160I
- Singapore, Singapore
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- You'll be responsible for analyzing and translating business information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives
- You'll work with application and infrastructure teams to review or produce optimal, high level designs
- You'll conduct proof-of-concept projects to validate new feature sets and 3rd party technologies
- You will analyze the current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for
continuous improvement such as improving business processes, expanding capacity, reducing cost and increasing effectiveness
Because you already have the ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems you will also:
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work
- Interface with internal IT management leadership, technical leadership and external requestors as a strategic value-add point to improve IT for completeness, consistency, availability, satisfaction, and to deliver quality services
- Establish system requirements, designs, builds, and manage critical infrastructure deliverables while driving Technology Standards
- Utilize data-driven approaches and methodologies to reduce IT process gaps and enhance process effectiveness through automation
- Monitor the processes, policies, procedures and standards applicability, effectiveness and efficiency
- Ability to review complex processes, manage customer service and provide regular technical reports both verbal and statistical showing status of ongoing projects and goals.
- Coordinate and ensure IT Disaster Recovery (Resiliency Engineering) Governance methodology are fully managed. Work with product development units within VISA to define critical, time-sensitive functions along with the associated recovery time objectives and recovery point objectives for services and applications.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a Infrastructure Engineering or software Development role for Platform Services with a preference for 3 years in a Solutions Architectural role.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Computer Science with relevant industry experience
- Preference Software development background in Java, .Net, & Web technologies supporting end user interface development
- Preference for systems administration or engineering
- Understanding of Application Architecture is highly preferable
- Proven ability to develop detailed solution designs. Understands Architecture Constructs - (Architecture & Design patterns, protocols SOAP, REST, etc.), Development Methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Demonstrable ability to deliver results with large-scale & cross-functional teams leveraging efficient processes via automation
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor; including financial modeling skills
- Expertise in information technology industry with HA & High Volume processing environments
- Superior communication (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
- Familiar with ITIL concepts; especially Service Design and Service Orientation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.