Head of Sales – The Philippines and Guam
- Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Head of Sales is key leader in delivering Visa’s service to clients in each market, leading our in-market Client Relations team and sustaining the optimal operating environment through working collaboratively with clients, internal Visa functions, regulators and the community.
They also need to be strategic, able to expertly translate strategy to execution, build high quality relationships with all key stakeholders and collaborate to build support of cross functional teams.
Strategic and Operational Leadership
• Work closely with Country Manager in championing the development of strategy and execution of key business initiatives in both Philippines and Guam including market expansion, regulatory management, payment product and solutions development and innovation, and local processing.
• Work with the Country Manager to identify success factors for business growth, develop tactical plans to achieve defined goals, and design and implement effective client relationship and business development strategies.
• Identify and prioritize new business opportunities in market and determine the appropriate level of resource investment to pursue effectively.
• Focus on achieving business targets through growing the existing business, identifying new business opportunities and producing and implementing new products and services across the markets.
• Be aware of the local development of various industries including payments, banking and financial services, retail and technology or trends and other factors with the potential to impact Visa’s current and future business in the Philippines and Guam and beyond.
• Support the Country Manager with Visa’s government strategy, central bank and other regulatory institutions within the Philippines and Guam.
• When required speak at conferences and business forums to drive positive perceptions of the Company based on genuine substance.
Client and Stakeholder Partnerships
• Develop, cultivate and maintain close relationships with client management teams, decision-makers and other influencers, key merchants and partner companies.
• Understand clients’ unique strategies, priorities, needs and decision making processes and adapt Visa’s approach to dealing with each client appropriately.
• Keep client account plans are up to date with current priorities and opportunities, aligned with Visa’s functional priorities.
• Lead local client engagements, including the design, negotiation and successful signing of long-term partnership agreements; manage the client relationship team to achieve agreed corporate objectives.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of business development strategy for clients of the organization to increase revenues, payment volumes and Client satisfaction rating from existing and potential clients.
• Relationship management of all clients of the organization, key regulators and key stake holders (Central Bank, Finance etc.)
• Partner with finance to structure & negotiate client partnership (through to closure) and responsible on account’s profitability over a period of time.
• Expanding the bandwidth of the Country Manager by reviewing issue briefs, deal proposals, development of functional strategy and other materials, and ensuring priority items are at the front of the queue.
• Identify new business opportunities in market, driving digital and strategy development.
• Strengthen and manage relationship of key clients and stakeholders by delivering differentiated value to clients
• Develop and track the team’s business development strategies and map these strategies into individual client plans
• Manage projects by working with cross-functional teams, lead, develop and prioritize proposals and partnership strategies.
• Responsible for client financial performance and ensure alignment with global budget process.
Annual Planning and Goal Setting
• Manage the Annual Operating and Multi-Year Planning processes.
• Oversee the annual goal setting process ensuring that market goals are in line with Philippines Country strategy.
• Collaborate Finance Business Partner to drive quarterly forecasting and annual operating plan.
• Support the creation of presentation materials for various management events including conferences and quarterly business reviews.
• Manage the central Philippines budget in partnership with Finance Business Partner.
People Leadership and Management
• Driving effective leadership through leading and coaching a team of Client Relationship Managers in developing and ensuring implementation of team goals aligned with the country goals and the functional goals.
• Collaborate directly with functions (finance, product, marketing, government relations, merchant sales & solutions, corporate relations, legal, compliance etc.), to ensure that each function contributes to and supports the execution of client plans.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure they are fully aligned and briefed about clients’ and business partners’ environment; ensure that client plans for the market are developed in conjunction with, understood and shared by the supporting functions within Visa.
• 15 years of proven sales and relationship management, including setting strategic direction and leadership experience in highly successful businesses. Strong track record of client service, strategic development and execution.
• Extensive experience in either banking/financial services sector or Technology / FINTECH sector experience.
• Strong knowledge of payment industry products, services and technologies, e-Commerce and mobile technology is preferred.
• Strong management skills within a complex, matrix management organization.
• Proven ability to run, grow and protect the franchise collaboratively across functions and geographies.
• Experience in client-facing roles with multiple key clients and stakeholders, ideally including financial institutions (banks), large retailers, multinationals, governments, local partners, etc.
• Innovative and agile with ability to adapt to market needs and changing environment. Lead & execute change effectively in a fast-paced business environment.
• Strong commercial and financial acumen.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to navigate ambiguity and drive positive outcomes.
• Cultural sensitivity and global mindset. Deep country knowledge and insight.
• Minimum degree level qualification, MBA considered valuable.
• Intelligent, motivated and self-starter.
• A connector of people, communities and clients within the country and across Visa.
• Stature, gravitas, reputation and professional attitude. Courageous, accountable and willing to challenge the status quo, and drive innovation.
• Highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity. Proven operator in line with the following key attributes; ability to develop strong client partnerships, highly innovative & collaborative, integrity, focus on people development.
If you’re interested in a career that will surprise you – get in touch with Visa today.