Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
- Beijing, China
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
• Serve as a member of the FP&A team for China business and be their focal point for FP&A-related matters.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining a high standard of financial discipline, decision support, and accountability within the geography.
• Be a key advisor and thought partner to China business team of various functions to facilitate delivery of the short-term financial targets as well as long-term growth targets.
• Provide strong financial thought leadership as it relates to growth strategies, current performance, business case analysis of client incentive deals; sales, marketing and product initiatives.
• Help improve planning, forecasting, and reporting accuracy.
• Provide leadership to the business in the delivery of financial targets:
– Ensure all business function heads regularly updated on financial performance; provide insight into key variances and business trends and identify risk and opportunities (plus mitigating actions) to ensure delivery of the short-term financial targets and long-term strategic targets
– Lead the business planning, budgeting and forecasting processes within geography for Revenues, Client Incentives and Operating Expenses. Coordinate inputs from the various functions for both revenues and expenses, plus lead the review and challenge process
– Support the multi-year strategic planning process by delivering insightful financial analysis and perspective
– Guide sales cost center managers in understanding expenditure, accruals and prepayments and improving the timing and accuracy of forecasts
• Provide financial analysis and advice for new business propositions including client incentive deals, marketing campaigns, product and acceptance initiatives, capital investment and other projects.
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of pricing dynamics in the geography, including competitive pricing and positioning.
Provide leadership and financial analysis support for pricing proposals.
• Track the financial performance of incentive deals, investment initiatives, and strategic plan implementation
• Minimum requirement: Bachelor of Accountancy degree or business degree equivalent, MBA preferred
• With about 5 to 8 years of FP&A experience with a recognized, performance-driven multi-national company
• Knowledge of the payments industry, in particular the credit/debit card business within a banking or eCommerce
environment, is highly desirable
• Prior experience successfully communicating with, influencing and presenting to senior-level executives
• Demonstrated ability to deliver on multiple initiatives with tight timelines
• Working knowledge of financial controls and procedures, gained from experience with a major ERP package, preferably Hyperion
• International experience ideally within a complex, matrix management organization