Business Development Leader, eCommerce Acquiring
- Shanghai, China
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
The Visa Discovery Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout your traineeship period at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure and engage in out-of-the-box problem solving.
This position is responsible for developing Visa’s eCommerce acquiring business in China. The role is to explore eCom acceptance business opportunities, set business development strategies, goals and execution plans, and coordinate with external as well as internal stakeholders to achieve healthy and sustained eCom acceptance business growth. The goal is to be achieved through expanding acceptance at more merchant segments and user contexts, building up stickiness of Visa’s network and brand, driving the adoption of more Visa products and services by the acquirers and merchants, and helping optimize Visa’s acceptance infrastructures & rules in China to lay solid foundation for both domestic and cross-border business growth.
You will be working closely with the Acquirer Sales and the Merchant Sales teams, the Digital Products & Partners teams, the Risk team and the CyberSource Company (Visa’s online gateway & fraud management subsidiary) to foster closer client relations, grow healthy online transaction volumes, roll out innovation products & services, develop customized solutions for the local markets and clients, and ensure participants to the Visa ecosystem are compliant to the Visa business rules and risk management rules.
You will be responsible for:
• Becoming the subject matter expert in online acceptance business to support Acquirer Sales team, Merchant Sales team and CyberSource team to execute their respectively account plans.
• Proactively engaging key acquirers, payment facilitators (or QSPs) and merchants, to explore new businesses, develop customized solutions and address issues.
• Cooperating with Risk team in monitoring acquirer/QSP/merchant risk performances, timely addressing risk issues and ensuring healthy and sustained eCom acquiring business growth.
• Collaborating with other internal functions, including Digital Products, Digital Partners, Client Support, and regional office counterparts, for the roll out of innovation products, Fintech partners engagement, and the implementation of compliance programs,.
• Relentlessly hunting for eCom acquiring opportunities from new segments and use cases, and taking the initiative to identify problems, inefficiencies and risks with the current business and contributing to improvements.
• Leveraging internal data analytics and consulting resources to apply a data-driven and consultancy-based approach in pursuing opportunities and resolving issues.
• Representing the Merchant Sales & Acquiring function in coordinating with Strategy, Products, Government Relations, Legal and Public Relations on key strategy & policy matters.
• Client focused: believing in true partnerships and building strong relationships with clients through accountability, expertise, world class customer service, and solutions-oriented approach.
• Ownership: taking ownerships for delivering against business objectives and helping the company identify new potentials & mitigate risks
• Fast learning & Innovation driven: up-to-date with latest payments trends, technologies and issues; demonstrate passion in new products & technologies, challenge status quo, champion bold ideas and new ways of doing things.
• Open communication & collaboration: work together openly and honestly across functions and geographies by always speaking and acting as one company.
• Respecting facts & data: result-focused, committed to meaningful and fact-based deliberations and discussions. Data sensitive and proficiency.
• Professional Degree with minimum 8 years of experience on eCom payment acceptance, preferably with Acquirer, QSP, eCom innovation or Fintech background.
• Reasonable knowledge and understanding of payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes
• Strong communication skills, with proven sales and Relationship management skills.
• Good analytical skills and ability to interpret data from a business perspective
• Strong oral and written communications, and fluent in both Chinese and English
• Microsoft office tools