Vice President, Learning Content Creation and Curation Visa University
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Vice President, Learning Content and Curation, will guide the design of innovative learning experiences at Visa. This is an opportunity to shape some of the most highly visible initiatives inside of one of the world’s most valuable brands. The Vice President should be a tenured and dynamic leader with strong curriculum strategy, innovation, modern design and learner focus, and the ability to curate from multiple paid and open sources to create extraordinary learner experiences. Strong collaboration skills to work with multiple stakeholders both inside and outside Visa are a vital requirement. Visa University is part of the Strategy organization and this role will report to the SVP and Chief Learning Officer.
- Lead and expand a global team of developers as a shared service in support of internal and external colleges within Visa University.
- Create a global curriculum model in collaboration with Visa University college owners that encompasses learner journeys of all employees at all levels at Visa – from the front-line to the C-suite. Consult with functional partners to ensure smooth transitions between programs
- Develop an external curriculum model that leverages existing internal and external curriculum at Visa to strengthen our client relationships.
- Incorporate emerging technologies such as social, virtual and augmented reality, and artificial intelligence
- Engage key stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure learning experiences drive innovation and business results
- Consult on the design of evaluation approaches for experiences that will produce meaningful evaluation data (e.g. Kirkpatrick’s Level 1-4)
- Support the evaluation and evolution of global strategic programs based on meaningful evaluation data
- Conduct ongoing benchmarking against external best practices, including the use of new technologies, to ensure programs are innovative and effective.
- Create learning products that boost employee performance and external audience knowledge across all relevant content areas
- A respected, deeply collaborative leader able to bring together an emerging function of developers from multiple content disciplines to create a high performing team
- Deep knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply current, design-thinking models of instructional design and training development models, learning technologies, change management practices and adult learning philosophy
- Demonstrated experience with design and development of innovative learning experiences including instructor-led training, eLearning, social learning, microlearning, learning games, virtual/augmented reality, distance learning solutions, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and consult with senior leaders, business partners, internal customers, and colleagues to drive business results
- Strong communication (written and verbal), consulting, stakeholder management, relationship management and influencing skills at all levels in an organization
- System thinking skills, with the ability to integrate the overall learner experience across content domains and systems
- Knowledge of major third-party content libraries and how to incorporate existing content for rapid learning solution deployment
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and change to improve efficiencies and the effectiveness of learning solutions
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Learning & Development role in a complex environment with at least five years leading teams of developers
- Master's Degree in related field (Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, etc.), PhD preferred
- Strong business acumen and experience designing learning experiences for advanced learners and paying external customers
- Payments industry experience a plus
This role will co-locate with learning development teams in Austin, TX, (preferred), Denver, CO, or Foster City, CA.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.