Vice President, Leadership Academy
- Foster City, California, us
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa’s Leadership Academy is making leadership development, and executive development specifically, a differentiator that will enable Visa’s executives to compete even more effectively in the rapidly evolving payments industry. Our CEO – Al Kelly -- is dedicated to the development of leaders and will take an active role in defining and delivering our programs.
The Leadership Academy reports to the SVP and Chief Learning Officer, Visa University. Visa University reports in to the EVP of Corporate Strategy. We are a start-up within an established, global organization and this is a key founding role. We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of learners. We combine rigor, data and subject matter expertise with intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the business. We like to prototype, launch and evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes.
This role is flexible on location.
- You are passionate about providing impactful learning experiences to senior leaders globally
- You are resilient and flexible – you perceive false starts, changing priorities and constructive feedback as opportunities, not setbacks
- You are adept at establishing credibility with and influencing senior leaders
- You are curious and broad in your orientation: you are knowledgeable and up-to-date not only on what’s current in leadership and executive development, but also like to understand the industry and business environment in which you operate. You can credibly discuss both management theories and strategic concerns with executives. You don’t echo vendor fads but base your opinions and recommendations on research applied to practice.
- You are comfortable operating in both the strategic and the tactical and can switch between the two
- You are service-oriented, and keep the learner experience front-and-center in everything you do
- You have a global mindset – you take genuine interest in other cultures, do not suffer from “HQ syndrome”, and embrace the need to operate with cultural norms and in time zones other than your own
- You are action-oriented and adept at dealing with ambiguity; the Leadership Academy must work without barriers as a true partner to the talent organization in HR
- You are a team player: skilled at developing relationships across levels and geographies, enthusiastically roll up your sleeves, and willing to pitch in where necessary
- You are an authentic leader, able to attract and build a world-class team and model the leadership values of Visa
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST) - UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF THE SVP AND CHIEF LEARNING OFFICER, YOU WILL:
1. Identify executive development needs: you will use human-centered design approaches to discover, synthesize and clearly articulate Visa's executive and management development needs and create programs running from front-line managers to C-suite leaders. You will partner with the head of Visa University everywhere to develop meaningful client engagements focused on leadership, so that our partner clients may participate in leadership programs with us.
2. Translate needs into leadership development solutions: you will play a key role in launching executive development initiatives. To accomplish that, you will use your design expertise, business acumen and influencing skills to design, curate and buy-and customize-for-Visa the most impactful executive development solutions. You will be mindful of using modalities that work most effectively for engaging an executive audience, with an eye on ensuring global applicability: in-person curriculum-based offerings, executive coaching and more.
You will leverage your breadth of knowledge of and relationships with reputable external executive development resources, and be adept both at designing programs yourself as well as providing strategic direction for work done by high-end external providers.
3. Develop and grow key relationships: you will skillfully cultivate and grow key internal and external relationships, with a special emphasis on relationships with executive-level leaders. You will form and engage in productive partnerships with critical internal stakeholders – business and HR leaders – to evangelize the work you do, get buy-in and ensure sponsorship. You will also leverage and continue to grow your well-established network of external content providers/experts to ensure Visa’s executive development offerings leverage best-in-class thought leadership on the topic. You will be versatile in the work you do in the context of these internal and external relationships: from ensuring buy-in with a high-level internal stakeholder, to negotiating a contract with an outside provider and everything in-between.
4. Grow Your Portfolio: in the short-term, you will have an opportunity to launch high-end, high-touch offerings to address key needs among our executive leadership. In the mid- and long-term, you will leverage your strategic and critical thinking to articulate how the learning solutions you own can evolve into the future. Keeping in mind that the end goal is business impact, you will devise strategies to ensure that learning sticks and business impact occurs. You will leverage the art-science balance to evaluate and constantly improve executive development at Visa to make it even more impactful for Visa’s executives, and ultimately for Visa’s business.
- Master’s degree minimum, with a Doctorate preferred
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in leadership and executive development specifically in a corporate environment
- Extensive experience with designing, both internally and with select external providers, impactful high-touch learning experiences for executive audiences globally
- Demonstrated success with launching and scaling executive coaching globally
- Poise at engaging, collaborating with and influencing executive stakeholders
- Demonstrated learning agility with a variety of content areas: while you will rely on your experience, you will also need to master new content areas/ways of doing things quickly
- Strong project management skills to lead a concept from inception to execution; critically, the willingness and ability to excel at both thinking and doing
- High emotional intelligence
- Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Instructional design background and a coaching certification are a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.