Executive Administrator, U.S Government Relations
- Washington, DC, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Based in Washington, DC, the Executive Assistant, U.S. Government Relations, will play a central role in the administrative operations of Visa’s Washington office. S/he will have responsibility for a range of functions, including providing key support to the Senior Vice President and Head of U.S. Government Relations, managing the front office reception area, coordinating internal meetings, and assisting executive guests and clients who visit the Washington, DC office.
As a key partner to the Head of U.S. Government Relations, the successful candidate will have responsibilities for calendar management, expense reporting, coordination of travel arrangements, managing correspondence, maintaining contacts and assisting on special projects and assignments.
This position will also have responsibility for managing the front office reception area, including registering guests in the system to gain access to the office, managing incoming and outgoing mail, including deliveries and shipping needs. The Executive Assistant will coordinate usage of Visa’s internal meeting space and maintain a shared calendar of U.S. Government Relations and conference room activities. The Executive Assistant will also order and stock office and kitchen supplies and look out for the needs of the office on a regular basis.
The Executive Assistant will also be responsible for assisting executive guests and clients visiting the Washington, DC office, providing administrative support as necessary. This will include, but is not limited to helping with meeting planning, catering, space management and overall office coordination.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with extraordinary organizational and communications skills, comfortable covering multiple assignments at once, and capable of quickly and efficiently producing high-quality deliverables on a daily basis. S/he should have experience working in government or the private sector in a high-level administrative role and demonstrated sound judgement and discretion.
This dynamic role offers a unique opportunity for someone with special talents to contribute, grow, and excel. The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience providing administrative and scheduling support
- Strong appreciation for nuanced details and exceptional organizational skills
- Significant experience preparing and assisting senior business executives to interact in public and private settings with high-level policymakers
- Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
- Superior time-management skills with respect to setting priorities and managing multiple workflows against tight deadlines
- Outstanding professional poise and maturity when interacting with internal or external colleagues at every level, all of the time
- History of good judgment regarding information, which may be confidential or material, non-public
- Unwavering commitment to compliance and following documented processes and procedures
- Proven track record of consistently productive collaboration with diverse colleagues in a highly-matrixed work environment
- Ability and willingness to work across multiple time zones, countries and cultures
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.