Marketing Technology Technical Program/Project Manager
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Marketing Systems Technology team is looking for a strong Technical Program/Project Manager that will be responsible for delivering medium to large scale programs within Visa's Digital product and service offerings of Visa.com, Digital Analytics and MarTech application stacks. This role will work with cross functional teams spanning multiple product and technology disciplines. Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills and able to effectively manage multiple work streams. Program/Project Managers in Marketing Systems will oversee multiple projects/programs and will have full accountability from concept to the closure of the program including budget/finance management. This role will direct and collaborate with the other members of the program leadership team, determine what our business partners need and and coordinate the full execution of the delivery.
This is an individual contributor role. The ideal candidate for this position will have more than 8+ years of combined experience in program/project management functional areas in a highly matrixed environment. The candidate must be highly organized with a strong communication skills with ability to present report to executives. A background working in an internet services, digital, website development environment, or mobile technology platforms is highly desirable. The candidate will have a successful history of leading complex program/project efforts in a fast paced environment and demonstrate a sustained track record of delivering high-quality outputs, on-time and on budget. This role will be applying typical Project Management principles and must demonstrate a strong competency in helping to create/sustain an enterprise wide environment that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation. In addition to leading multiple cross functional activities and work streams, the candidate must be experienced in successfully driving cross departmental initiatives. Visa is looking for an innovative, hands on leader, with a track history of high performance that will drive change to their engineering team and to Visa™s bottom line.
• Coordinating and organizing program tasks/activities per business goals/program deliverables
• Own and Coordinate Fiscal Year funding planning for new programs based on Marketing Technologies' strategic vision
• Daily program management throughout the program life cycle; inception, analysis, design, develop, test, deploy and closure
• Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
• Planning the overall program and monitoring the progress;
• Creating and managing the budget and operating plan of a program; Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services
• Managing risks and issues and taking corrective measurements;
• Defining the program governance (controls);
• Coordinating the projects and their interdependencies;
• Managing and utilizing resources across projects;
• Leading team(s) with a diverse array of talents, responsibilities across multiple geo locations globally
• Setting up processes improvements and managing changes to ensure project goals are achieved
• Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions
• Performing stage-gate reviews and ensuring project is falling within the Project Management Compliance guidelines set forth by Visa's PMO office.
• Ensure project documentation is created as per SDLC and audit guidelines set forth by Visa's PMO office.
• Own Vendor relationships, prepare/manage/Approve SOWs, Purchase Order creation/processing, monthly invoice receiving.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines.
• Work with off-shore teams to align project/program deliverables, train/lead/guide team members.
• Working on strategy and execution planning with the marketing team
• A smart, passionate leader who possess a curious mindset that has a history of asking why.
• 8+ years of relevant experience running medium to large scale IT projects/programs
• Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent is required.
• Good knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques
• Good understanding of the wider objectives of the program
• Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in program management
• Strong leadership and management skills;
• Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
• The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems
• Ability to work with multiple locations and teams across the globe
• High degree of business acumen and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs; project and program management.
• Ability to lead through organizational change and ambiguity.
• Demonstrated consistent and steady growth in career.
• Proven track record of using data to make fact based decisions.
• Demonstrated weekly executive reporting acumen
• Experience in reviewing technical solution design and evaluation to ensure it meets business requirements and long term product goals.
• Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and a leader, skilled at establishing formal and informal networks within the company.
• Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Working experience of a Clarity tool, Ariba procurement tool is a plus.
• Experience in working with agile lifecycle is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.