Staff QA Automation Enginee
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunityto build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Cloud Platform Team is responsible for building frameworks and systems to automate infrastructure provisioning and application deployment tools that Visa developers will use to deploy and run code. Our mission is to make is easy for developers to get their code to customers. We are testing and automating the platform and make it easy to deploy, monitor, scale and debug applications.
Responsibilities – what you’ll do:
- Build automated testing platform to enable continuous delivery of the platform components
- Proficiency in writing automation, develop new automation suite, automate test cases
- Proficiency in API automation and run write new test cases, suites
- Proficiency in UI automation and should be able to write new test cases, maintain existing automation.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Perform thorough functional testing for new features
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Build and manage development, test, integration, performance and stage environments
- Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development and code reviews
Required skills – what you have:
- 6+ year of Automation\Testing experience
- Passionate in learning & delivering code with excellent quality.
- Passionate about testing
- Hands-on development experience in UI\API automation using Java/Spring, Soap UI, Selenium, Protractor
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Undergraduate Degree or Master's Degree, preferably in Computer Science
- Solid foundation in object oriented methodologies & design patterns
- Expertise in developing and consuming REST-based web services
- Good knowledge of SQL and DB concepts (SQL Server preferred)
- Experience writing unit and integration test cases
- Experience with Soap UI, Protractor, Selenium
Nice to have skills (we'll be extra excited about your candidacy if you also have this experience and knowledge):
- Working experience with Mongo DB
- Working experience with Ruby\Chef