Product Manager - Visa Debit Processing Service
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions
and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies. Behind the Visa brand are more than 6,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Core Debit Product Management team is part of the Issuer Processing & Enablement team and is responsible for defining industry-leading feature/functionality for Visa Debit Processing Service (DPS).
The Product Manager, Core Debit Processing, will be responsible for developing DPS Issuer Processing products and services including Authorization Processing, Back-office, Settlement, and reporting. This role will primarily support enhancements to payment processing network interfaces and the enablement of network innovations, including Visa and MasterCard, as well as all supported unaffiliated networks (Star, Pulse, NYCE, etc.).
This position reports to the Sr. Director of DPS Core Debit Processing Services and will be based at Visa's offices in Highlands Ranch, CO.
- Solid understanding of payment processing and the payments ecosystem.
- Responsible for the reviewing of payment network technical specifications for business application and development of detailed business requirements and product specifications for both new products and enhancements to existing products with limited guidance. Review detailed technical designs to ensure product requirements are being met. Matrix manage product development activities within the DPS application development, implementation, customer service, training, documentation, and QA/certification groups to ensure a high quality of service.
- Collect, develop, and analyzing multiple concurrent business requirements and transfer knowledge to product, development and other support teams by writing concept and scope documents, detailed business requirements, product specifications and web requirements for both new products and enhancements to existing products.
- Provide subject matter expertise for existing and future products and services to both internal and external audiences.
- Insure strategic and execution alignment and coordination with Visa product and digital strategies as well as MasterCard and unaffiliated networks.
- Ensure compliance to all processing and operational requirements defined by the various supported networks on the DPS processing platform.
- Develop and deliver presentations to both external and internal audiences in working groups, webinars, and other venues regarding areas of product responsibility.
- Communicate with internal support and sales teams to educate, gather customer feedback, and resolve product issues. Provide product support to assigned product lines by providing support to Client Services and the development teams on product issues
- Collaborate and lead interactions with functional areas such as business development, account development, IT development and support, QA, customer service, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Develop and maintain documentation associated with assigned product lines including Service Descriptions, Product Profiles, RFP materials, and Implementation/Training Guides. The person filling this position will be responsible and accountable for leading the successful execution of new features and services on the Visa Debit Processing platform that drive client satisfaction, differentiate the Visa offering and drive Visa Debit Processing Service revenues.
He or she must be able to collaborate with others to manage and rationalize incoming requirements in order to implement appropriate solutions.
- Bachelor's degree
- Requires 5+ years experience in product management or product development in the payments industry, including prior experience developing and implementing product plans/requirements.
- Requires 5+ years experience in electronic funds transfer, retail banking, or card processing.
- Possess a solid understanding of the payments industry. Candidates would have a strong understanding of different payment types with a focus on debit. The candidate would be a skilled technical writer with experience in the design and construction of functional requirements for the third-party issuer processing industry.
- Check card processing, Regional Network and Back-Office/Settlement experience are a strong plus.
- Visa/MasterCard signature processing and Regional Network experience are a strong plus. Deep knowledge of payments processing technology with specific understanding of network payment's processes, systems and applications.
- Solid interpersonal skills with a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Strong analytical, planning and project management experience with strong problem solving capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs and to build solutions to meet those needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions and levels within the organization to accomplish Visa DPS business priorities
- Business travel required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.