- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position, based in Foster City, California, is for an in-house marketing attorney who will report to the Vice President and Associate General Counsel supporting the Visa Marketing Department and will be primarily responsible for providing advice on marketing, advertising, offers, and promotions, with an emphasis reviewing marketing communications, consumer and B2B advertising, promotions, marketing/client presentations, digital creative, and drafting and negotiating marketing-related agreements and licenses. The candidate should have a working knowledge of applicable legal and regulatory concerns, including marketing and promotions law, FTC compliance, SAG, privacy, contracts, and licensing. An ideal candidate will also have in-house experience partnering with marketing teams, external agencies, and reviewing marketing executions on the fly to meet deadlines. This position requires a business savvy team player with a positive attitude who can work with minimal supervision in a fast-moving environment.
- Provide advice on the full range of marketing, advertising, and promotions
- Draft and negotiate marketing agreements, talent agreements, and copyright/trademark licenses (i.e., third party photos, music, content, logos, etc.)
- Provide pre-publication review of marketing presentations, advertising materials, digital content including webpages and videos, online promotions, social media
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school
- 5-6 years of relevant legal experience; prior in-house experience strongly preferred, but not required
- Current member in good standing of the California Bar
- Must possess exceptional analytical ability and advocacy skills; excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills; drive execution in a team environment; and the ability to integrate legal advice and business knowledge, while providing balanced advice regarding risks and benefits
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in all interactions with marketing clients, senior management, external counsel, corporate departments and all levels of employees
- Developed business acumen, with ability to understand the company's business interests and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings
- Practical and proactive problem-solver; must be confident, mature, calm under fire, and have a positive attitude