Director, Client Relationship Manager New Zealand & South Pacific
- Auckland, New Zealand
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This position is part of the client relationship management (CRM) in New Zealand & South Pacific responsible for the business leadership of one of Visa’s key clients in New Zealand alongside a small group of other clients. The Client is a long term strategic partner to Visa with a significant history in the New Zealand market.
The role encompasses a broad mix of client requirements and is suited to a dynamic astute person with exceptional client relationship skills.
The successful candidate will have a strong digital and innovation focus, excellent communication and influencing skills with a passion for payments and/or the financial services sector.
- Management and accountability of one of Visa’s key clients in New Zealand & South Pacific, alongside a small group of other clients\
- Delivery of client objectives with specific client product, service revenue and volume targets
- Development and execution of annual business plans
- Delivery of projects which ensure profitable business for Visa and its clients
- Establish and maintain positive and constructive relationships with key client contacts, industry players and stakeholders
- Foster collaboration with the key accounts sister bank in Australia to bring more value to both organisations
- Facilitate and direct internal Visa support areas in response to specific client requests and ensure the delivery of risk, marketing, product, operations and innovation support
- Co-ordinate and present regular business and industry updates
- Ensure positive client satisfaction results
- Develop business case justifications for investment decisions and propose to country and regional management for approval
- Lead the implementation of client annual business plans achieved through drawing upon internal and external stakeholders and by providing the client with the Visa 360 approach
- Be the “voice of the client” by interpreting the Client’s business plans and strategic intent into the Visa organization.
- A self-motivated and action-oriented approach to leading the clients’ business
- Ability to take the client and internal stakeholders ‘on the journey’, seamlessly integrating the Client’s and Visa’s strategic drivers
- Create and develop deep and authentic relationships across a wide range of stakeholders (both internally and externally)
- A pro-active manager of client initiatives, issues and challenges including risk identification and escalation combined with suggestions for mitigations
- Proven communicator and influencer with clients and internally across all levels of an organization
- Outstanding collaborator who can bring people together under a shared vision of success
- Can demonstrate systems and structure for managing multiple projects and stakeholders concurrently
- Delivery focused with a proven track record of identifying value and prioritising
- Digital curiosity and savvy – applying your knowledge to the way you work
- Stay current and up to date with the latest innovation, digital trends, research, skills and education
- Champion bold ideas and new ways of doing things, challenge traditional mindsets
- Consistently search for innovative, more efficient ways to work and make incremental improvements to processes or ways of doing business with internal or external clients
- Innovate quickly to create results when new, relevant information surfaces
- Actively promotes an environment of inclusion and diversity
- Communicates openly, honestly and respectfully – ensuring opinions are heard
- Proactively limit or mitigate unconscious biases when making decisions
- Role model Visa’s values- Integrity, Clients, People, Innovation, Excellence, Collaboration
- Be the ultimate team player and actively contribute to the New Zealand and South Pacific team culture
- Look for opportunities to lead by example by breaking down silos and fostering an inclusive and collaborative culture
- Consulting and advising approach to leading the client’s business
- Mindset of Visa 360 – leverage the best of Visa’s technologies, people, expertise and solutions to support clients
- Keeps clients’ needs at the forefront of priorities and takes action to provide high quality solutions/ services that exceed expectations
- Ability to deal with and perform in situations/ environments of ambiguity when making decisions or operating in high pressure, time bound situations
- Adapt and recognize the appropriate mix of qualitative and quantitative input required to make an informed decision, particularly when prompt action is required
- Determine success criteria and key performance indicators for achievement of results and track and monitor progress against those criteria
- Encourage others to openly share and build on each other’s new ideas, products or solutions
- Demonstrate energy and positive response when tackling challenging problems and view complicated tasks as engaging or motivating
- Quickly adapt to multiple changing work demands and priorities by adjusting style and tactics to fit the new circumstances
- Quickly recover from setbacks or failure by viewing as a lesson learned and trying again
- Challenge perceived norms and look for ways of delivering solutions within the parameters of the organization
- Focus on tackling problems with pro-active thoughts on possible solutions
At Visa, your individuality fits right in and we embrace inclusion and diversity of thought. We are committed to creating the kind of workplace where you want to be and we can facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements for you.