Software Development Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
We are looking for a world-class Software Development Manager to lead our high caliber Payment engineering team. The candidate will be responsible for managing senior engineers and ensuring that our core payment processing platform features are delivered on time with the highest levels of quality.
· Manage and grow the Payment engineering team that is responsible for our high-volume & secure transaction processing engine
· Be very hands-on; the job will involve about 10%-15%of coding in Java, REST web services and related technologies
· Actively participate in code reviews, and in design and architecture decisions
· Help engineers develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles
· Collaborate with the broader Payment teams on technology strategy
· Adhere to our extremely Agile based software development & release processes, and implement constant improvements
· Participate in our PCI compliance activities and ensure that state of the art security standards is followed
· Work with product owner and business team to identify stories and ensure timely release of features with highest quality
· At least 10 years of professional work experience in software product and platform development, with at least 2 years as a development/engineering manager
· Strong working knowledge of SaaS platforms and software products that are built for high volume transaction processing
· Strong technical skills in Java or Python stacks; along with RDBMS and/or No SQL DBs
· Good understanding of performance and security architectures
· Demonstrated ability to design customer focused, architecturally robust, solutions that provide best in class software experiences for our users.
· Knowledge of TCP/IP, experience with network programming
· Experience in CI/CD lifecycle using Git, Maven, Jenkins, etc.
· Excellent people & conflict resolution skills; positive and can-do attitude
· Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
· Prior experience in the financial services industry highly desired
· BS or MS in Computer Science or other Science/Engineering related field or significant demonstrable professional work experience.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind –
making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone
everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the
entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart
of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a
pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is
capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and
businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of
cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners
around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global
economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup,
celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have
a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa
offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is
fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on
delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over
the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories
in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco