Sr. Systems Engineer (Linux)
- Denver, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Corporate Information Technology (CIT) encompasses enterprise technology that empowers Visa Inc. staff to perform core business functions needed to support ongoing management of Visa Inc. operations.
Visa Inc. needs a Sr. Systems Engineer to be responsible for providing systems and application support across, in particular the Visa Corporate systems environment. This position requires applying root cause operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities to keep the services up and running. This is a professional level position and requires strong execution and analytical abilities.
The successful candidate will be a member of the End User Operations team who is in change in maintaining and ensuring that the Corporate Productivity Applications are running at the optimum level. The team is also in charge in administering the Windows Server OS and its relevant components, Hardware and Virtual based platform where most of the corporate applications are running.
- Provide strong hands-on technical expertise in the area of programming languages such as Java, .NET, C(#), PHP, Python, Apache Groovy
- Analyze business requirement, identify risks, and collaborate with functional team and business users, to deliver flexible, innovative, cost effective solutions while meeting business needs. Responsible for designing, developing and deploying enhancements and projects related Java, PHP and Python technologies
- Monitor incident queues, troubleshoot issues and lead conference calls with other groups to mitigate impacts.
- Work with Engineering teams (Windows, UNIX, Network, Storage and Middleware) to translate application requirements into system requirements.
- Create comprehensive documentation of designs for both small and large projects that take into account all areas of development.
- Present solutions to key stakeholders and demonstrate working software to leads and management.
- Follow existing application standards, conventions and best practices as part of the existing SDLC.
- Maintain, enhance and support, through problem analysis and resolution for the supported applications
- Engage in lessons learned and continuous process improvement around the SDLC.
- Ensure that applications and code are compliant with Visa security requirements.
- Will be expected to work on-call rotation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information management or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in building and supporting Java applications that run in Apache Tomcat, WebSphere or similar containers.
- Good hands-on working experience in Python Integrated Development Environments like IDLE, PyCharm, Atom, Eclipse, PyDev and Sublime Tex
- Experience with back-end technologies such as J2EE, JDBC, JMS, Spring, Hybernate, JMX and MBeans
- Experience in Unix (especially Linux) System administration activities
- Experience with IBM StoredIQ preferred
- Good knowledge and understanding on the Groovysh, GroovyDoc and Groovy scripting
- Good problem solving skills with focus on troubleshooting issues in complex production environments.
- Willing to learn new technologies and software, thinking out of the box, questioning the norm and innovative.
- Will work closely with areas across Visa including, Operations, Engineering, Service Product office, and Global Open System Development Lines.
- Must have a strong commitment to execution, follow through and timely communication. A good team player with excellent communication and collaboration skills, with experience working in a global environment
- Experience leading and collaborating with small to medium sized teams working in an onsite/offshore mode
- Operate in complex, highly secure, and highly available, operations environments and interact with the technology domain experts required to maintain those environments.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service, pro-active review of processes and procedures to continually enhance service quality, service delivery and support.
- Will work closely with areas across Visa including, Operations, Engineering, Service Product office, and Global Open System Development Line.
- The candidate will be heavily involved in ensuring team meets all SLA's and team objectives.
- Must have a strong commitment to execution, follow through and timely communication
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.