Sr. Software Engineer - CA Clarity (PPM Tools)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be
The Corporate IT (CIT) organization is responsible for all facets of architecture, software development and production support of key internal systems supporting areas such as Finance, Revenue, Treasury, Human Resources, Legal, Contact Center, Project and Portfolio Management, and End User.
Within the CIT organization, the Program and Business Management Office (PBMO) supports program and business management across Corporate IT and supports the Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) tool suite. This position will report to the Director of PPM Tools within the PBMO organization and will be a key contributor to the design, build, test, and configuration of our tool suite.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will:
- Develop innovative systems/applications our users want/need by understanding business needs and industry trends.
- Demonstrate the solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Create and execute test plans prior to release of numerous internal software systems.
- Sign off on releases as they are ready for deployment, including passing test plans.
- Communicate with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements,
solution development and proposed solutions.
- Be a designer as well as a fast, efficient coder who is capable of making coding and design decisions.
- Assist in building elegant and maintainable systems that are highly scalable, reliable, and secure with minimal complexity.
- Balance creative engineering with high quality and a customer focus.
- Work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- Support QA, UAT, performance testing, integration testing, the migration process, security remediation, and production support.
- Influence the technical direction of our products and services.
- Be an ambassador for engineering best practice across the development lifecycle and champion continuous improvement.
- Be a continuous learner who is pro-active in their drive to improve their technical skill and knowledge and stay on the leading edge of development practices and technological changes in the field of Project and Portfolio Management.
- Be a self-starter who possesses a drive to initiate change and raise the technical bar.
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals and brainstorm ideas.
- Work somewhat independently with moderate supervision.
- Support and develop junior and mid-level engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Bachelor of Science in computer science field and 2-5 years of experience OR Master’s Degree in computer science field and 1-3 year of experience.
- Experience designing an automated test environment; experience as a testing engineer preferred
- Experience with performance, scalability, and reliability testing methodologies.
- Experience with the following technologies XML, .net and SQL
- Experience with CA Clarity required.
- Ability to lead a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Expert knowledge/experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Knowledge of database concepts and data structures.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment.
- Process-oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills; applies both innovation and logic to tackle complex problems.
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
- Consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills.
- Proven ability in delivery of global projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have a strong analytical acumen, problem solving skills, strategic thinking, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of business acumen and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs.
- Experience in reviewing technical solution design and evaluation to ensure it meets business
requirements and long term product goals.
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle and tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA.
- Understanding of security best practices preferred
- Understanding of the test automation framework preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.