Director – CRM, Technology
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team is part of Corporate Client Systems (CCS) and is responsible for managing system requirements, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance of corporate applications. The team works closely with business owners of these services to deliver industry leading packaged software and customer developed solutions.
The Client Systems team develops and supports Visa's contact center and client support applications, which are used by our business partners to service our Visa clients worldwide by providing them industry-leading, next-generation solutions.
The ideal candidate will bring robust experience in developing and delivering technology solutions for large volume financial systems. This role will participate in various design discussions, create solution design deliverables, develop technologies on a variety of platforms and ensure successful delivery of the business objectives.
This candidate will manage a CRM development team spanning across technologies like Microsoft Dynamics .Net, OpenSpan, Appian, AEM and Java and be based in our Austin, TX office. The successful candidate is expected to be a CRM subject matter expert within the Client Support DevOps team. The selected candidate will be fully responsible for both service delivery and operational excellence of services built on the Microsoft Dynamics, Appian, AEM and OpenSpan/.Net platform and supporting technologies.
- Lead, manage and drive IT programs and projects from the front by collaborating closely with our Business stakeholders across multiple time zones.
- In partnership with various IT and business constituents, define, design and implement the right long term architecture (LTA) for our portfolio.
- Enforce the right engineering and operational excellence principles – Promote DevOps, Agile delivery; reduce technical debt while improving the speed and quality of delivery.
- Manage scope, schedule and cost associated with program and project delivery. Manage multiple projects and initiatives with different/competing timelines and demands.
- Be fiscally responsible while managing costs, and variances to budget.
- Effectively manage, coach and mentor the IT team.
- Collaborate with and manage product vendors and systems integrators to deliver solutions.
- Responsible for agile end-to-end development process within the construct of DevOps practices and methodology:
- Support agile ceremonies: sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
- Provide technical insights to support release planning, including user stories breakdown, tasks assignment, and backlog grooming, through elicitation and clarifications of user stories and requirements with business stakeholders and communication of IT dependencies.
- Design and develop enhancements or new services that are:
- Scalable, resilient, secured and decoupled;
- Able to detect and alert when functional or non-functional production errors occur;
- Able to gather and persist behavioral and performance metrics; and
- Deliver optimal customer experience.
- Perform quality assurance testing inclusive of unit, systems, integration and regression testing, and support the development of automated test scripts to be used to automate regression testing.
- Support users during their user acceptance verification.
- Deploy tested enhancements or new services to certification and production environments with rollback strategies defined.
- Responsible for operational excellence:
- Provide level 2 and 3 support to resolve incidents according to committed service level agreement.
- Provide fixes to problem tickets that require root cause resolution.
- Proactively reduce technical debt by implementing service design and code changes.
- Keep system documentation up to date.
- Provide strong communication to keep project team and stakeholders up to date.
- Design and improve internal development methodologies around the Microsoft Dynamics, Appian, AEM and OpenSpan solutions.
- Actively collaborate within Client Systems team, as well as with all other IT teams and business users located worldwide in various time-zones to fulfill the above responsibilities.
- Identify and utilize best practices in the industry to maximize efficient and elegant solutions while minimizing cost.
- 12 plus years of project delivery experience in CRM application development (e.g., software development/engineering delivery, development and implementation, delivery and design).
- 5 plus years of experience with one of these technologies: Microsoft Dynamics, AEM, OpenSpan
- 5 plus years of leadership experience
- 3 years of development experience in Java / J2EE technologies
- Experience with Software design patterns, Performance tuning, Automated unit testing
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Master Degree preferred
- Strong conceptual and analytic skills. Ability to design and build complex algorithms.
- Experience in evaluating business requirements and turning them into technical designs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with a broad group of stakeholders.
- Able to lead the team by example. Able to manage and resolve conflicts and drive positivity among the team
- Obsessed with Customer Experience – The ideal candidate will increase the productivity of the Client Support organization by solving for deficiencies in our services.
- Curious and creative – The ideal candidate is inquisitive and comes up with technology/process options to limitations/constraints.
- Action and Results oriented – The ideal candidate will get stuff done. They operate with passion, a strong sense of urgency and with purpose.
- Trusted – The ideal candidate will take accountability for their actions and will earn the trust of their team/customers.
- Coach and Mentor – The ideal candidate will continually raise the bar of our workforce.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.