Technical Program Manager for VISA.COM, Marketing Technology
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa’s Marketing Systems Platform team is looking for a passionate technologist that will be responsible for delivering programs within Visa's Digital product and service offerings (Visa.com, Cybersource.com etc). This role is for a strong technical program/project manager who will work with cross functional teams spanning multiple product and technology disciplines (Java/AEM/.Net). Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills and able to effectively manage multiple work streams. Technical Program Managers in Marketing Systems have full accountability for end to end delivery of business requirements through their DevOps team. This role will direct and collaborate with the other members of the program leadership team to ensure sprints are scoped, sequenced, and delivered in the priority of business value and need.
The ideal candidate for this position will have more than 6 years of combined experience in technical product development functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. A background working in an internet services, digital, website development environment, or mobile technology platforms is highly desirable. The candidate will have a successful history of leading complex development efforts in a fast paced environment and demonstrate a sustained track record of delivering high-quality outputs, on-time and to product specifications. He/she must demonstrate a strong competency in helping to create and sustain an enterprise wide environment that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation. In addition to leading multiple cross functional activities and work streams, the candidate must be experienced in successfully driving cross departmental initiatives. Visa is looking for an innovative, hands on leader, with a track history of high performance that will drive change to their engineering team and to Visa’s bottom line.
- Leading 1-2 engineering teams who are accountable for releasing features in support of Visa.com and Visa’s Corporate Intranet.
- Taking full accountability for their team’s delivery by ensuring features meet quality gates and program milestones.
- Management of development functions including business requirements elaboration, systems and process flow analysis, meeting critical milestones and deliverables that are time and scope boxed.
- Heavy collaboration across business and technology organization, providing sound business analysis, process and change leadership within an Agile framework.
- Working with limited direction, usually within a complex and evolving environment, to drive delivery of solutions while influencing cultural change.
- Provide thought leadership and recommendations to management based on best practices and experience working in a global and diverse environment.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with management ideas and recommendations for optimizing business operations, resources and fixed capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines.
- Provide guidance to technology groups in their development of design artifacts and Quality Assurance test plans.
- A smart, passionate technologist who possess a curious mindset that has a history of asking “why?”
More than 6 years of relevant experience (e.g., software development/engineering delivery, development and package implementation, delivery and design).
- Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent is required.
- 2+ years of experience in a hands on software engineering role.
- 2+ years of project/program management or engineering experience preferably with external customer facing web software projects.
- Familiarity with agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles.
- SAFe experience preferred or experience in a large Agile environment with multiple locations and teams.
- High degree of business acumen and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs; project and program management.
- Experience in reviewing technical solution design and evaluation to ensure it meets business requirements and long term product goals.
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, skilled at establishing formal and informal networks within the company.
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.