Sr. QA/Software Engineer, CCB / ORMB
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The QA/Software Engineer position within the Billing and Incentives test engineering team is an individual contributor role based in our Austin office and will focus on ORMB platform quality assurance and test automation. The selected candidate will be responsible for testing, automation and quality assurance of modules built on the ORMB platform. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. Applicant should have Development background and can take up development of UI's, batches and algorithms in OUAF.
- Test planning and Test strategy development using industry best practices.
- Test ORMB solutions in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability, security and compatibility with other legacy- and / or external systems.
- Develop test automation of test plans, scenarios and scripts, and manage test artifacts/deliverables.
- Develop plans, schedules, metrics, data needs and scenarios for end to end integration testing including areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability.
- Perform quality assurance testing inclusive of unit, systems, integration and regression testing, and support the development of automated test scripts to be used to automate regression testing.
- Work with project managers to provide QA estimates, schedule planning and providing status updates.
- Support agile activities: sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint review and sprint retrospective. .
- Log software defects in the Visa standard defect tracking tool (JIRA) and work with development team on defect resolution.
- Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Participate in code reviews with team members.
- Provide support to User Acceptance Testing in terms of data set up and support activities.
- Perform walkthrough of QA test results with finance business partners.
- Work collaboratively with other QA teams for integration testing activities.
- Development on OUAF for batches, algorithms, and UI components.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, IS or relevant field required.
- 2 to 4 years hands on experience testing modules in ORMB/CC&B platform.
- Developing keywords and utilities in Java.
- Strong knowledge of database query tools and ORMB/CC&B data model with ability to write and run complex queries in Oracle database for data validation.
- Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripts.
- Knowledge of test management and code repository tools such as JIRA.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- Candidate must be able to proficiently multi-task and be able to work independently or in a team environment.
- In-depth knowledge of software development life cycle required.
- Familiarity with web services standards and related technologies (XML, SOAP, etc.)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.