DevOps Engineer - Open Systems Support
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The role of the Support DevOps Engineer will consist of designing, implementing, automating and supporting application build releases, deployments, and configurations. Automating security compliance patching and updates in development and test environments. Other responsibilities include performing code and quality reviews, managing operations, triaging and fixing operational and application issues.
- Schedule, implement, and automate security compliance patching and updates on Development and QA servers.
- Ensure continuous availability of various tools supporting SCM & Release Management including Source Control, Continuous Integration, & Change Management.
- Implement and support Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipelines.
- Engage with cross-functional co-located teams in design, development and implementation of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring and
self-healing, and facilitate autonomous delivery teams.
- Support and develop on all 3 layers of the stack related to infrastructure, middleware, and continuous integration and delivery frameworks.
- Provide third level technical support to technical teams within Visa to support the implementation of modifications and/or new solutions.
- Support the implementation of new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis to address and resolve issues and keep them from repeating.
- Responsible for daily activities of QA environment. This will include but not be limited to creating test environments on physical and virtual platforms; troubleshooting OS and third party application
issues; deploying, installing, configuring proprietary software; monitoring hardware usage and performance as it applies to the environments; and assisting in gathering of metrics to forecast future growth needs.
- Review and document processes and procedures related to all DevOps tasks and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, software engineering, or related field.
- 2-4 years previous experience in software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations.
- 2-4 years previous experience with .NET and Java application development (MS Build, Visual Studio, TFS, Eclipse, etc.).
- 2-4 years previous experience with source control tools (Microsoft’s TFVC, GIT, GitHub) and branching strategies.
- 2-4 years previous experience with DevOps tools (Jenkins, Maven, ANT, Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, BitBucket, Artifactory, etc.).
- 2-4 years previous experience with automation using advanced scripting languages (PowerShell, Linux/Unix shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.).
- Knowledge of infrastructure concepts (IP networking, load balancing, firewalls, etc.).
- Knowledge of development concepts (Web Services, REST, JSON, etc.).
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving and critical thinking skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Hands on experience with agile development practices and project tools. (JIRA, Trello, Rally, etc.)
- Must be able to adjust to constant changes in business, technical, and requirements related to the job.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.