Senior Director, Co-creation & Development Lead
- Beijing, China
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Innovation & Development Studio in Beijing is a client-facing organization that promotes hands-on incubation and rapid prototyping with clients and partners. The “front-of-shop” is a state of the art innovation lab built to host Innovation Engagements and co-creation with clients using human-centered design methodologies. The “back-of-the-shop” is an agile development center building world-class products.
As Senior Director, Co-Creation & Development Lead, you will lead a team of Designers and Product Specialists to design and develop solutions, both as part of a co-creation engagement with key clients or as part of Visa’s new product development effort for the China market. You’ll lead the design and solution-ing process from research to ideation to storyboarding to prototyping leveraging human-centered design principles and agile methodology.
The ideal candidate will:
• Believe passionately in the transformative power of technology in the world
• Has a proven record of working with clients to lead the delivery of digital products/services from idea through to commercialization
• Be commercial enough to distill complex business requirements and technical enough to ask engineers good questions about solution architecture
• Be comfortable leading unstructured discussions as well as designing and facilitating structured workshops and product development sprints
• Be able to manage concurrent projects to different schedules and timelines
• Can easily connect the dots between product, design, technology, and strategy to solve complex problems with diverse internal and external stakeholders
• Has strong business acumen and program management skills
• Own co-creation engagements for the Beijing Innovation & Development Studio, leading designers and/or agencies in defining the problem, discovering insights, designing solutions and developing prototypes in collaboration with clients, partners and internal stakeholders
• Be the product lead in a scrum environment, working with internal stakeholders to clarify and prioritize product requirements and working with engineering team to prototype and develop solutions
• Manage a healthy backlog of product requirements and drive roadmap priorities and decisions
• Set and balance Visa internal product development and client co-creation priorities; develop and track success metrics and activity targets
• Build a repeatable and scalable co-creation engagement approach, based on Visa and clients’ innovation agenda in China
• Give compelling presentations to Executive Leadership and external partners
• Oversee high quality design delivery for complex concepts and multiple stakeholders
• Hire, manage and guide full-stack UX designers
• 12+ years of experience in product development, product management, start-up and/or digital consulting
• Industry experience in financial services, payments or e-commerce highly desirable
• Experience and knowledge of Agile (Scrum) project practices and Human Centered Design principles
• Proven track record in translating internal/ external client needs into meaningful problem statements and designing the right project approach to prototype and develop the desired solutions
• Strong project/program management skills to successfully manage multiple, concurrent work streams
• Fluent in English and Mandarin