Senior Account Manager
- Ashburn, VA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition to supporting client implementation of Visa products and services globally, Client Services is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including: Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. The team also provides support for Visa’s DPS, CyberSource and Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
This Senior Account Manager provides both strategic and tactical support to North American banks/partners regarding Visa’s suite of commercial products. This role will be a subject matter expert on appropriate products, and will function as consultant to assigned clients, ensuring clients’ objectives are achieved.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- Provide high value customer service support on day-to-day items to Visa Clients and internal staff to ensure customer expectations are exceeded; advocate on behalf of the clients
- Lead complex cross functional customer service delivery initiatives across clients and Visa internal teams
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives
- Ensure prompt and comprehensive resolution of client inquiries as well as create and maintain updated support documentation – meeting required deadlines
- Build and enhance positive working relationships with key clients and internal stakeholders
- Represent client perspective within Visa organization to ensure enhancements are prioritized
- Proactively identify operational opportunities and implement recommendations to increase service quality and efficiency
- Report customer project accomplishments and deliverables to senior management
- Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, and system enhancement support
- Educate and train clients on best practices for all supported services
- Represent complex customer change requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate and manage expectations internally and externally
- Develop and manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects and client-driven continuous improvement plans
- Serve as an escalation point for complex issues
- Proactively notify clients regarding any widespread or business critical problems with the application, as well as scheduled periodic maintenance outages
- Stay current with the payment industry and client trends as well as maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products and services.
- Partner with assigned Account Executives to identify additional business opportunities.
- On call support and possible weekend hours
- Domestic travel may be required
- Produce yearly customer and departmental reporting for tracking customer or service issues
- Present client analysis to peers and leadership
- Develop and provide presentations to internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Coach all new staff and recognize training opportunities for all staff
- Provide leadership and communication; responsible for escalating to department management when issues arise that might jeopardize problem resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Requires a minimum of 8+ years’ experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, software or information services.
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity that require significant initiative and good judgment
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations internally and externally, and work both as part of a team and independently
- Strong ability to manage projects effectively using project management principles
- Superb proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving complex issues
- Advanced comfort level with public speaking
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels.
- While this is a customer service role (not IT), experience in troubleshooting complex web applications, application programing interfaces (APIs) gateways, integration or environment issues is a plus
- Bilingual abilities are a plus: able to read, write and speak Spanish and/or Portuguese proficiently
- Strong skills in Excel for data analysis.
- Advance Power point for professional presentations.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles including cost allocation methods a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”