Director, Client Incentive Operations (LAC Region)
- Miami, FL, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Client Incentive Operations team are responsible for managing Issuing and Merchant Acceptance incentive agreements. We determine the accounting treatment of each incentive deal to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conformity with US GAAP.
- Provide leadership and oversight to Client Incentive Operations team responsible to support Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region
- Partner effectively with Sales, Contract Management, Legal, FP&A, Accounting Policy, Controllership and Regional Finance Executives. Work with stakeholders to ensure alignment and communicate any updates timely
- Provide guidance related to appropriate accounting treatment of incentive arrangements to stakeholders prior to contract execution as requested
- Foster collaborative environment and provide effective coaching and mentoring to develop team members
- Responsible for the efficiency, accuracy and completeness of the day-to-day activities such as:
- Review contractual obligations per terms of the agreement. Liaise with stakeholders such as Sales and other Finance team members (such as OpCert, Billing, Finance Front Office, FP&A) to determine the fulfillment of contractual obligations. Assist the team in resolution of related issues and discrepancies
- Determine the appropriate accounting treatment of contract terms per Visa’s accounting policy and in compliance with SOX controls
- Provide technical accounting expertise and guidance to the team as needed
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of incentives that are set up in the system in accordance with the contract terms and ASC 606. Review offline incentive calculation per ASC 605
- Review monthly and quarterly deliverable including dual reporting requirement for client incentive in FY19
- Ensure any variances between forecasted and actual contractual commitments are appropriately reviewed/analyzed, and the necessary adjustments recorded
- Ensure accurate and timely incentive payments to clients
- Drive and support Client incentive projects and initiatives such as system implementation, contract conversion, process improvements, Value-Added Services reporting, etc.
- Serve as a liaison with internal and external auditors
- Provide ad-hoc analytical support to various internal and external parties
- B.S. degree in Business/Accounting required with 10+ years of experience in finance, accounting or audit; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Ability to read, write, speak Spanish required. Ability to understand Portuguese is a plus
- Strong leadership and people management experience required
- Must be able to build effective partnerships with stakeholders and demonstrate strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire teams to drive results
- Flexibility to lead change and adapt to changing business needs
- Proactive approach to identifying and resolving potential issues
- Self-driven and comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.