Service Now Senior Staff Software Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Gather and prioritize customer requirements, and develop and implement products to meet the requirements
- Knowledge and experience working with ServiceNow Security features, administering Users, Roles, Groups, ACLs
- Knowledge of CMDB, Business Services Map & Knowledge of ServiceNow UI tools Service Portal, CMS
- Experience working with Jelly scripting, Glide API, Java scripting and working knowledge of various JS frameworks like AngularJS, NodeJS etc.
- Design and develop integrations of other in-house applications with ServiceNow. Should have in-depth configuration and development knowledge across all core ServiceNow modules – IM, PM, CM, KM, CMDB, Discovery, Catalog, Portal, SLA, Integration with other systems
- Working knowledge of the APIs, web services and standard relational database concepts required
- Configure the ServiceNow solution to meet identified business requirements, process guides and functional requirements
- Identify requirement gaps to maintain a high degree of quality in the solution build and provide configuration options to meet specific requirements identifying respective pros and cons for each option
- Ensure that ServiceNow standard best-practices are utilized for all configurations and customizations. Provide insight and expertise into the ServiceNow configuration based on previous work experiences and education
- Provide training for each tools functionality both in person and through using other methods.
- Actively support the Program Team by acting as main focal point when queries arise around process design, functional specifications, test planning, tool functionalities and capabilities.
- Document the technical requirements / as built documentation
- Participate in project meetings/daily scrums and communicate development status.
- Experience working with source control integration of ServiceNow with GIT
- Support multiple instances of the platform including Development, QA, and Production
- Analyze System log files and recommend changes and enhancements to applications and system configurations
- Code,test, debug, implement, and document highly complex programs. Ability to
develop complex test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs
- Research information from existing systems, analyze program and time requirements
Prepare time estimates and justifications for assigned tasks and provides recommendations to project managers
- Support project personnel in resolving fairly complex program problems. Works with
client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Provides technical advice on complex programming
- Work closely with the business analysts and development team to assist in the
appropriate extension, integration or development of the platform. Develop, publish and maintain statistical, management and custom reports
- Analyzing, creating proof of concepts, designing, developing and customizing business
- Designing and implement software that is simple, intuitive and easy to use that will
allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific business needs
- Working with Internal customers for requirement clarifications and solution designing
- Lead technical discussions and arrive at appropriate solutions while working
and mentoring other junior team members
- 24/7 support of the ServiceNow platform which also includes monitoring, maintaining and resolving tickets through the queue management process.
- Bachelor's degree and equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires ServiceNow development experience including managing ServiceNow Helsinki
version or above
- Strong working knowledge of technology stacks and technology infrastructure
- Hands on experience working with CMDB or Configuration Management platforms
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to extensively analyze business
processes and work flow
- Effective writing skills with the ability to document application configurations, system design and architecture
- Effective communicator with customers, system administrators, team members and management and use sound judgment when considering enterprise impacts of technical decisions
- Accustomed to working with team members who are in geographically dispersed and ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Must have some knowledge with the ServiceNow Platform and the ability to troubleshoot and restore the application
- Must be ServiceNow Certified System Administrator or Service Now Developer Certified
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.