Finance Manager, Client Incentive Ops LAC
- Miami, FL, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Provide a first-level review of approval and approval of deliverables prepared by analysts to ensure accuracy of data, proper application of technical accounting policy, and compliance with SOX controls.
- Provide technical accounting guidance and feedback to team members as appropriate.
- Train new team members as necessary in team deliverables.
- Actively manage the full adoption of Oracle Revenue Management System (ORMB)
- Contribute to the full adoption of new revenue standard (ASC606)
- Analyze newly executed incentive contract terms to assess Visa's contractual obligations and determine appropriate accounting treatment.
- Review proforma and accounting treatment to ensure accuracy of contract interpretation and application of Visa's accounting policy respectively.
- Prepare and/or review monthly estimated amortization and payment schedules per contract terms and Visa's Accounting Policy.
- Review and consolidate monthly, quarterly, annual reports (i.e. manual accruals, commitment reports, etc.).
- Create or review incentive models to determine contractual commitments per the terms of the contract, ensuring that all key obligations have been accurately addressed, including the accounting for incentives measured in local currency.
- Review on-going contract performance and update future performance /amortization schedules, as needed.
- Review contractual payments per contract terms. Liaison with Sales to determine the fulfillment of contractual obligations. Assist in the resolution of related issues and discrepancies.
- Analyze and explain/review the variances between forecasted and actual contractual commitments and prepare the necessary adjustments.
- Provide timely reporting to External Reporting and Accounting Operations.
- Consolidate/review performance metrics for the month.
- Provide ad-hoc analytical support to numerous internal and external parties.
- The candidate will interact with various levels of management across the organization as well as with external clients. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are required as cross-functional projects occur on a regular basis.
- Serve as a liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Committed to continuous process improvement.
- Continue to improve and strengthen relationships with external/internal customers.
- Attract, recruit and retain top talent into the Client Incentives organization.
B.S. degree in accounting required with 6-9 years’ experience in accounting, audit, finance, and/or statistical reporting.
Ability to read, write, speak Spanish required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Access and advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to learn legacy systems quickly.
Must demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills.
Detail oriented, conscientious, thorough and accurate.
- Strong analytical and modeling skills.
- Team player with the ability to establish strong relationships with business partners.
- Must be self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail and diligence in driving results.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.