Marketing Insights Senior Manager
- Frankfurt, Germany
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Marketing Insights Senior Manager, we want to hear from you together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Visa is currently looking for a Marketing Insights Senior Manager that will be responsible for the delivery of market and audience insights into the marketing function. In this role, you will be the go-to person ensuring that marketing is well equipped with all of its data and insight needs. We will need you to coordinate the delivery of insight projects across European regions in the most efficient way for Visa. Additionally, we are looking for someone to be the primary point of contact to our global research and insights teams.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- You will work with stakeholders from across the European region marketing team to understand insight/ research requirements
- Supporting, and where required, managing the scoping and delivery of; primary research/competitor and market intelligence
- You will define and gain agreement with senior stakeholders for research/ analytics priorities
- Everyone is a leader at Visa, and you will be expected to lead and manage relations with 3rd party research providers as required
- Supporting and championing a culture of insight led marketing activities within Visa marketing
- Supporting European markets on; defining research objectives and evaluating research methodologies/ proposals
- You will proactively identify gaps in our insights (brand, market, audience, product and environmental/ economic)
- You will take recommended approaches to populate these gaps
- Providing a key point of contact in Europe, you will be liaising with the global research function
- You will synthesise insights from both traditional research methodologies and newer digital platforms (inc. social)
- To be the champion for insights driven marketing planning and execution
- You will be responsible for the collation and sharing of key insights and research observations across Europe
- You will be responsible for ensuring insights are communicated clearly and with impact throughout marketing
- You will work with Visa product owners to develop an insight led approach to value proposition development
- Providing ongoing thought leadership and keep the European business informed of global Visa tools/ innovations
- Ensuring research projects are conducted to a consistently high standard, on time and on budget
- Supporting the development of pan European and multi-market communications briefs
- You will help administer project budgets for external agencies
- You will contribute towards strategic thought leadership within marketing
- You will be the key contact for the external research partners, ensuring that they receive the right information to deliver for Visa
What we're after...
- A passion for Fintech, payments in particular
- Educated to degree level or has equivalent professional experience
- Somebody who knows the German market/German consumer very well.
- Somebody who has worked within a known German research agency.
- An expert who can drive the insights agenda especially for this business critical area.
- The ability to use multiple sources to extract key information and generate compelling reports
- Excellent communication skills and able to present confidently to senior stakeholders
- Significant knowledge/expertise and experience of managing and delivering research/competitor + market intelligence projects
- Knowledge and experience of research/ analytics methods and techniques applied to a commercial environment
- Knowledge and understanding of behavioral insight techniques and the data sets required to inform customer focused decision making
- A proven analytical, strategic and commercial approach to creating business changing insights
- Experience of audience segmentation and the implementation of solutions
- Understands and has experience of delivering insights across an international business
- Demonstrated ability to develop value propositions together with product/ service messaging
- Has demonstrated a hunger to challenge the status quo and influence at all levels in an organization
- Experience of work with various divisions including Marketing, Sales, Finance and Operations
- Ability to write and deliver presentations to communicate observations and recommendations upwards
- Must be able to bring insights to life in an engaging way
- Can work using own initiative and deliver under pressure
- Must be able to work in a matrix environment and manage relationships across levels
- Strong project and programme management skills
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills and high competency in managing varied data sources
- Experience in the main disciplines of marketing and communications, either client or agency would be an advantage
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.