Senior Technical Product Writer, Visa Direct
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49
of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa’s Digital products are focused on building additional flexibility into our existing platform architecture to more quickly launch into the market new, innovative offerings that create tremendous value for payments aggregators (e.g. Financial Institutions, Merchants, Processors, and Emerging Payments Providers) and delight end consumer users. To effect this transformation, we are looking for digital savvy leaders who are passionate about innovating and delivering truly differentiated user experiences.
Visa Direct is high priority global push payment processing capability that provides Visa clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers etc.) the ability to facilitate funds transfers and disbursements to card payment accounts anywhere in the world. Visa Direct push payments programs are already in place in multiple countries and include person-to-person (P2P payments, business-to-consumer (B2C) funds disbursements such as insurance claims, shared economy and marketplace payouts, loan disbursements and gaming winnings with future opportunities in healthcare, government disbursements, and more! Visa Direct programs also include person-to-merchant (P2M) push payments for traditional merchant acceptance as well as micro-business casual sellers who want to receive payments into their payment card account.
The Visa Direct Global Product Platform team is looking for a Senior Manager to champion our global efforts to effectively and efficiently disseminate critical Visa Direct product information and resources to our clients and internal teams. This role will report into the Visa Direct Global Product Policy, Risk Management and Operations team.
The Visa Direct Senior Technical Product Writer will focus and lead efforts to help educate and inform Visa Direct clients and internal stakeholders on the power of the Visa Direct platform for global push payments. This will include collaborating on information sharing resources and establishing training and education modules and materials. Candidates will have demonstrated the ability to work in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines and an unwavering ability to delivery against stated goals and objectives.
Act as lead documentation writer for critical Visa Direct product documentation; e.g., global implementation and processing guides, technical documentation and coordination with owners of technical specifications, development of new guides to support new and expanded Visa Direct use cases, best practices documents, user guides, FAQs, etc.
Administrator for central Visa Direct global data repositories to ensure globally consistent content messaging and structure; e.g., VOL, Share Point, Wiki etc.
Maintain inventories and upkeep of global Visa Direct resources
Deliver global communications about resource availability
Coordination of Platform team updates and status reports
Additional general operational functions that enable the global Visa Direct teams for success
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in a role where documentation writing was central responsibility.
- Working knowledge and expertise with documentation resources such as Share Point and Wiki.
- Ability to seamlessly and skillfully bring together technical information and business considerations into professional documentation, support materials, and training applicable to a cross section of audiences.
- Strong verbal communication skills in addition to written for both business and technical audiences.
- Comfortable working with and understanding new concepts and technology.
- Excellent time management and organization skills and discipline to focus on details and work with a vast array of information in a rapidly changing environment.
- Self-motivated, results driven, with the ability to quickly establish clear, well thought out action plans and aggressively drive deliverables to completion under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a cross functional team.
- Possess strong collaboration skills.
- Aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and establish new approaches to communications, resource development and sharing.
- Financial/payment industry knowledge in one or more of the following areas, digital, push payments, P2P, B2C and B2B offerings would be a plus.
- Exceptional personal accountability, dedication and the highest of ethical standards.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.