- Bengaluru, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Corporate Finance Systems team provides application development and support services for Finance applications for Visa. This includes managing system requirements, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance of corporate applications. The team works closely with business owners of these services to deliver industry leading packaged software and custom developed solutions.
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Applications team primarily provides development work for the FP&A application analytics and reporting which also includes customer service, including end user support, issue troubleshooting and resolution, system access and application administration. The team works with Financial Systems Strategy (FSS), Project Management Office (PMO) and FP&A closely to gather requirements, provide feedback on Statement of Work, and ensure the successful and timely delivery of projects and enhancements.
This position works within the Bangalore-based Corporate Finance Systems Team, as a member of the FP&A Applications team, to provide development services, third-level (L3) application and user support that meet the needs of business users of the Visa Global Hyperion Planning and Essbase, Cognos TM1 and Cognos BI applications. Works primarily within the Asia Pacific, Europe and Africa time zone to conduct development activities and L3 support, while coordinating with US-based and Singapore-based FP&A Applications Team members, and coordinating with L1/L2 support resources.
Works with FP&A Applications team members to ensure SDLC processes and documentation are completed effectively, and on a timely basis. Contributes to the FP&A Applications team development and testing efforts. Initially this position will work under the guidance of supervisors and senior team members, but over time will work independently to follow up to document and research technical incidents and issues, and coordinates issue resolution with the FP&A Applications team members and business owners.
· Participate in the design and development activities for the Hyperion and TM1 applications based on the business requirements provided
· Participate in the maintenance of the Hyperion and TM1 environments, including diagnosing, troubleshooting, and initiating corrective actions; develop solutions to system technical issues and systems process issues; develop automated solutions to minimize administration and support effort
· Act in the capacity of L3 application and user support for the Hyperion and TM1 users and technical environment; L3 support is expected to resolve issues and questions escalated by L2 support on a timely and effective basis, perform root-cause analysis, and propose application technical and process updates to permanently resolve issues
· Understand and adhere to defined Visa SDLC processes, including documentation, testing and approvals
· Understand and ensure adherence to customer service level agreements for Hyperion and TM1
· Participate in the development of unit and integration testing plans, testing scripts, enhancements, custom modifications and interfaces to be developed
· Provide, or require responsible parties to provide, root cause analysis for any systems or process issue; ensure remediation plans are devised, discussed and agreed up that result in permanent resolution of issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Requires a minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience in Hyperion and/or TM1 application development and support, administration preferably including a minimum of 1 year of experience with the latest Hyperion EPM products (currently 11.1.2.x) and/or the latest TM1 product (currently IBM Planning Analytics)
- Requires demonstrated experience in automating processes and jobs on an end-to-end basis. Experience with shell scripting, Windows batch scripting, SQL and MAXL strongly preferred.
- Experience with other Hyperion EPM Suite products, including DRM, FDM and ASO cubes preferred
- Working knowledge of SDLC, testing methodology, and quality engineering required
- Demonstrated problem identification, analysis and solving skills required
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, analyze, and understand new information, technologies and practices quickly required
- Exceptional communication and customer facing skills, able to interact effectively with diverse groups of global stakeholders, both technical and business users required
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities of varying complexity while prioritizing and focusing on critical tasks and issues required
- Active listener, customer focused, relationship builder, team player required
- Ability to empathize with both the technology and business viewpoints preferred