Program Manager – Chip & EMV (REF12556A) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa Digital & Developer Platform (VDDP) develops, delivers, and manages end-to-end technology products to promote the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments in emerging and developed markets. VDDP is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital and mobile lives. The Chip and EMV team is part of VDDP, focused on creating smarter payment solutions that provide fast, easier ways to pay with phone, web, wearables and other digital devices wherever you are – remote or proximity payment.
The mission of the Chip and EMV team is to provide technical design, development, consulting and implementation expertise to internal and external customers for Chip, Contactless/NFC, Mobile, and any other emerging products and technologies in the Internet of Things space: Wearables, Connected Cars, etc.
In this role, you will be a critical resource to 1) support, configure, enhance, train, and customize project critical tools such as Rally, Jira, and Wiki and 2) develop, and implement process improvements with clear efficiency gains (with a focus on Agile, scaled Agile, and project management processes).
A strong candidate will have a solid experience with technology/ product program management, people management, x-functional team leadership, as well as superb skills in communications, business analysis, problem-solving, cross-team coordination, communications, project/program management, processes, and change management. The ideal candidate is not just a facilitator or project plan tracker but ensures things get done. The ideal candidate must have a drive to get things done and a "make it happen" attitude.
- Accountable for the end-to-end planning and execution of one or more projects and/or Agile teams.
- Lead and negotiate, scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments and communications for projects and initiatives.
- Plan, execute and deliver projects on time and demonstrate the ability to succinctly communicate any project issues, risks to an executive audience
- Coach multiple teams through the software development life cycle using Agile, Scrum, and Lean practices and work cross-functionally throughout the company to ensure projects are developed and deployed with quality and timely delivery into our production systems.
- Understand product strategy and benefits of key deliverable in area of responsibility and drive everyone towards the common goal.
- Analytical - Ask thoughtful questions to help our Customers, Product Owners, and Product Managers to maximize ROI and meet company objectives.
- Work with Product Owners to promote and contribute to the improvement of the product backlog.
- Facilitate sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews/demos, retrospectives, and other scrum ceremonies.
- Shield the team from outside distractions and interferences. Track and remove impediments for the team.
- Set priorities, influence others, and manage customer expectations.
- Coach team in estimation techniques, Scrum and Agile principles..
- Develop dashboards, define and capture metrics, and create custom reports.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical fields. MBA preferred.
- Project Management certification preferred including at least 1 of the following: PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant (SAFe SPC)
- 3-4 years of systems/tools administration, configuration, and support experience with Rally and/or JIRA
- 3-4 years of experience in directly relevant roles such as Business/Process Analyst, Systems/Technical Analyst, and/or Project/Program Manager.
- 3+ years of experience supporting product development in the digital and mobile, ecommerce, payments processing, and/or financial services industry highly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program and project management methodologies and best practices, software and product development lifecycles (SDLC/PDLC)
- Advanced Knowledge of Agile techniques such as: User Stories, Continuous Integration, TDD, Continuous Delivery, Pairing, Automated Testin
- Good attention to details, ability to think analytically and independently.
- Strong communication skills: clear and concise verbal and written skills, meeting facilitation
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and SharePoint)
- Strong technical orientation and some database querying skills strongly preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.