Director, Data APIs & Platforms
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do.
Visa has an extraordinarily rich data set that spans more than 46 million merchant locations globally and captures more than 160 billion transactions per year. Making this data more usable and accessible to our clients, in a responsible way, is key to enabling our clients to better serve their customers through insights from the data and to putting cash out of business.
The focus of the Data APIs and Platforms team is building a scalable service architecture and products that provide Visa’s diverse, global client and partner base value-added APIs (benchmarks, predictive models, and enriched data) in a simple, efficient and scalable way. We are looking for product managers who are passionate about the opportunity to use Visa’s rich data to tackle meaningful business problems and possess the right leadership and influencing skills to build and sell solutions at a global scale. You will join a Global Data Product team of data enthusiasts that includes data scientists, product managers, data architects, technologists and many more.
This role reports into the Sr. Director of Data APIs and Platforms, will have product ownership of a growing suite of merchant benchmarking and intelligence APIs, and will be pivotal in driving broad adoption of our products with internal and external stakeholders. The position is based either at Visa's headquarter in the San Francisco Bay Area (Foster City, CA) or our office in the Washington, DC Metro Area (Ashburn, VA).
- Through stellar empathy, deeply understand our clients’ business challenges and match the solutions we have to those challenges.
- Set the long-term vision and strategy for your products through evidence-based decision-making, own the product roadmap and evangelize with internal partners and external clients.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and build strong relationships by engaging colleagues and breaking down silos - yet act decisively, and acknowledge and recover from mistakes quickly
- Empower engineering through joint discovery, decision-making and accountability – work as one team
- Help build, nurture and convert our API sales pipeline
- Bring a passion for how we make our clients more successful, our data more useful, and Visa better.
Can you take on the responsibilities described above? Then please apply! Independent of years of experience or educational background, the successful candidate will likely have a mix of the following qualifications:
- Experience with microservices/APIs, a service architecture, and / or building technology products that scale across a diverse set of customers
- A strong understanding of Agile development methodologies (a passion for driving Agile is a plus)
- Great collaboration skills across a diverse set of functions including technology and sales
- 5+ years in Product Management, 10+ years professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical or technology field such as operations research, economics, computer science or many others (graduate degree is a plus)
- Previous exposure to financial services, credit cards or merchant analytics is a plus, but not required
- Comfortable working through ambiguity, dealing with complex problems and demonstrating good judgment under pressure.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.