Data Science Manager
- Hong Kong
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
The Visa Discovery Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout your traineeship period at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure and engage in out-of-the-box problem solving.
The Data Science Manager is a key member of the Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) team comprised of consultants and data scientists. As a Data Science Manager you will be responsible for developing data-driven solutions to solve complex business problems. Here, you will be required to work with large data sets using quantitative techniques and build complex statistical models that learn from big data. We have a highly collaborative process and you are required to work across multiple teams and functions for developing cutting edge, creative and advanced analytic solutions and processes.
The role will focus on Hong Kong and Taiwan markets and report to the Head of Visa Consulting & Analytics and the Analytics & Data Products lead for Hong Kong and Taiwan.
• Directing the execution of multiple medium to large analytic projects along with rest of the stakeholders in the Analytics & Data Products team
• Collaborating with internal teams to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
• Defining detailed analytic scope and methodology, and creating analytic plan
• Executing on the analytic plan with appropriate data mining and analytic techniques
• Performing QA on data and deliverables by analysts and own deliverables
• Ensuring all project documentation is up to date and all projects are reviewed per analytic plan
• Ensuring project delivery within timelines and budget requirements
• Building on team’s analytical skills and business knowledge
• Enhancing existing analytic techniques by promoting new methodology and best practices in analytics field
• Minimum of 5 years of analytical experience in applying statistical solutions to business problems
• Post Graduate degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, or engineering or equivalent experience preferred
• Hands on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as SAS/Hadoop/R/SQL/Python/Hive
• Proficiency in some of the following statistical techniques: Linear & Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, K-Nearest Neighbors, Markov Chain Monte Carlo, Gibbs Sampling etc., Evolutionary Algorithms (e.g. Genetic Algorithms, Genetic Programming), Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks etc.
• Working knowledge in advanced data mining and modeling: Predictive modeling techniques (e.g., binomial and multinomial regression, ANOVA); Classification techniques (e.g., Clustering, Principal Component Analysis, factor analysis); Decision Tree techniques (e.g., CART, CHAID)
• Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, and managing multiple analytic projects with diverse cross-functional stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to innovate solutions to solve business problems
• Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
• Good business acumen with strong ability to solve business problems through data driven quantitative methodologies. Experience in payment, retail banking, or retail merchant industries is preferred
• Understanding of Cards/Payments and Banking business model
• Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style, with the ability to tailor data driven results to various audience levels
• Detailed oriented, expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
• Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations, and delivery
• Experience in presenting ideas and analysis to stakeholders
• Exhibit intellectual curiosity and strive to continually learn