Merchant and Acquiring Account Executive - Level 5
- Frankfurt, Germany
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Merchant and Acquiring Account Executive, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
In Europe, Visa has significant growth opportunity within sectors that don’t accept electronic payments, or where transaction penetration is below market average. The Merchant and Acquiring Account Executive will develop and execute strategies to increase acceptance in Visa’s Central Europe region. Focusing on specific sectors, segments and geographies where growth has the highest potential.
The Visa Europe Merchants and Acceptance group is also charged with forging and maintaining strategic partnerships with merchants, payment facilitators, payment processors and acquirers to drive sustainable revenue growth while delivering value. The group negotiates and implements major commercial deals (1) to enable these partners to utilise an array of Visa products and services and (2) to enable Visa to drive its strategic objectives. The Merchant and Acquiring Account Executive is an integral part of the Central Europe acquiring group and will architect successful partnerships that will drive revenues and accelerate solution distributing deals. Responsible for developing regional acquirer strategy with cluster input, identifying emerging regional acquirers or merchants, and bringing together products to build holistic acquirer value proposition
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Conduct business development with Financial Institutions, Acquirers, and Processors/ Payment Facilitators to expand Visa services aimed at helping acquirers and partners meet merchant and market needs.
- Support the design of the acquirer value proposition and create strategic, business and financial rationale and analytics in support of commercial deals
- Create compelling presentations summarising deal terms and strategic fit for executive review
- Partner with account owners, where assigned, to negotiate commercial deals and terms with senior executives at potential partners
- Conduct cross-functional due diligence efforts with prospective partners, including financial, product, technical & systems assessment
- Maintain effective communication and relationships with a variety of global constituents throughout a highly matrixed organisational structure
- Drive discussions and seek input from relevant constituencies to reach consensus on significant decisions
What we’re after…
- Self-starter, results oriented team member with motivation to work in growing organisations. Creative and used to working in a Start-Up environment
- Substantial progressively responsible business experience, with experience managing strategic relationships with financial services and/or technology solution providers
- Applies technical acumen and industry knowledge to effectively balance the demands being placed on a defined area of a product from a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge and experience of relevant technologies and applications, i.e. mobile payments
- B2B experience supporting commercial deals through the entire lifecycle; exceptional deal management, deal structuring, negotiation and leadership skills; ability to structure key terms and conditions to accommodate specific risks and constraints; demonstrated ability managing referral pipelines with partners
- Demonstrated ability to work with large, cross-functional (e.g. product, sales, strategy, marketing) and cross-regional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a partner’s executives to present Visa’s strategic vision and negotiate effectively on behalf of the company
- Ability to work independently within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to stakeholders and to juggle multiple initiatives at once
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor addressing a wide variety of functional business problems
- Ability to quickly assess an opportunity's potential, leveraging fact-based analyses and industry experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across regional and functional lines
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent professional experience. Advanced degree(s), or equivalent, is a plus.
- Available to travel up to 50% - much of it international; flexibility to work across borders
- Excellent written and spoken English and German are a requirement. Other European (local) languages a plus
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.