Staff Research Scientist, Recommendations - Visa Research
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa Research is a newly created research organization as part of the company's effort on expanding its technology research capabilities globally.
Visa Research conducts both applied and fundamental research. It engages with the company's technology and product teams, business partners, academics, and governments, to explore and develop technologies that are critical to the payments industry in the future.
Visa Research currently focuses on building research teams in three key areas: Data Analytics, Security, and Future of Payment. As part of our research in the Future of Payment, we are establishing a Blockchain research team to advance this exciting technology in the context of payment ecosystem, and we are looking for outstanding researchers and engineers with a broad range of expertise such as Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Distributed System, and Security.
Senior Research Scientist
As a Senior Research Scientist at Visa, you will work with a team to conduct world-class research on fundamental technology challenges in machine learning/deep learning and contribute to the long-term research agenda in the future of payments, as well as deliver innovative technologies and insights to Visa's strategic products and business.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to make key contributions to Visa's strategic vision as a world-leading data-driven company. The successful candidate must have strong academic track record and demonstrate excellent system skills. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and excellent collaboration skills.
- Research and develop cutting-edge technologies across a large spectrum of disciplines.
- Advance the development and integration of big data infrastructure that is highly scalable, efficient, extensible, and secure.
- Deliver high-impact intellectual property values through research publications and patents.
- Collaborate with team members to deliver innovative technologies, insights and products to Visa business units to resolve their significant product pain-points and create new growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with our partners in academia, industry and government on key initiatives to advance our security research agenda.
- Work with team members and cross-functional teams (internal/external) that include representation from Technology, Product, Operations, Market Research, etc.
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with team members and clients internally and externally.
- PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, or equivalent field with a focus on recommendation systems.
- 2+ years of industry research experience.
- Expert knowledge in machine learning and deep learning.
- Research experience at well-known industry research labs.
- Strong track record in research publications and impact in the research community.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and innovate.
- Demonstrated research project/program management experience is a plus.
- Experience in payments or related industry is a plus.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.