Sr. Software Engineer
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
What's the job? As part of the Platform and Reliability Engineering Department in the Network Processing organization, you'll be responsible for system development, implementation, maintenance, support, tools and automation of Visa's systems, which authorize, clear, settle, and deliver transactions to issuer and acquirer financial institutions globally. Through this challenging job, you'll gain experience collaborating with various
parts of the business in understanding requirements for system enhancements, identifying areas of improvement and implementing changes to the system or process where it is needed. The product that you oversee will be of the highest quality meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe.
and influencing in areas beyond immediate control. Above all, you are someone who takes initiative and thinks like an owner - you've defined your everywhere and lead others to find theirs all while launching Visa ahead of the game.
- Collaborate with business units and technical staff to define requirements/modifications for use in designing appropriate solutions.
- Evaluate options and provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solutions.
- Create design documents, code, unit/functional test, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Assist application teams in setting up their CI/CD processes and automation.
- Build and maintain effective relationships across functional areas in order to provide superior product support.
- Support and deliver on resulting initiatives from the Business Plan and Technology strategy leveraging re-use, eliminating duplicative components, architectural design, and use of innovative products.
- Work to ensure technology decisions are "business" driven.
- Suggest and cultivate ideas on the extension of the current systems to new products and services.
- Must be able to understand the positioning of a solution within the company and to build consensus to effectively gain buy-in from all participants.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems.
- Provide rotational on-call support as needed.
- 2+ years of software design and development experience.
- Experience in CI/CD tools and processes is highly desired.
- Proficiency in at least one of these object-oriented programming languages is a must (C++, Python, Java, C#).
- Experience in C/C++ or GoLang is a huge plus.
- Experience in MEAN stack (MongoDB, ExpressJS, Angular, NodeJS), ReactJS and/or C#/.NET are preferred, but not required.
- Willing to work on Windows, Linux and Mainframe.
- Strong working knowledge of Object Oriented Development and Design Patterns.
- Adaptability is a must, including the ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong problem determination skills and ability to resolve critical issues for complex systems under tight timeframes using dumps and other tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management. Should possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.