IT Audit Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Participate on large-scale engagements of company activities under the supervision of a Sr. Director – Internal Audit. Assist in the design and drive the execution of key areas of each audit engagement, while assisting more junior members of the team where appropriate. Serve as a key contact with client management, explaining the audit process and scope, keeping management apprised of audit progress and issues, and effectively delivering audit results to all levels of management. Stay abreast of company business strategies, IT industry technology advances and the risk profile of assigned business areas to ensure relevancy of audit approach.
- Participate in planning and audit scope development as well as project execution as a critical team member on complex technology-related assessments.
- Lead the execution of the assessment of specific technical areas of a project, supervising other team members and providing coaching where requested.
- Provide reports on the effectiveness of the business unit's internal control structure along with recommendations that improve the effectiveness, efficiency and economic value of a control or process.
- Assess audit findings / gaps including control weaknesses with an appropriate degree of professional skepticism, seeking to fully understand risks to the firm. Assist technology partners with the development of Management Action Plans to mitigate weaknesses, providing thought leadership on the appropriateness of the Plan.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and the corrective action taken on relevant weaknesses noted within audit reports.
- Provide control consulting services to management to assist in redesign efforts that improve the control environment.
- Maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of management to ensure that Audit is aware of changes in business activities and objectives, and a necessary Audit response is developed.
- Assist audit management with macro reporting by providing data relevant to technology audit findings.
- Promote new ideas and new ways of executing projects and internal infrastructure enhancements.
- Demonstrate commitment to Visa’s and Internal Audit’s strategic vision, be a self-starter, and promote project ownership and responsibility for actions. Interact with Audit project team members in working towards Departmental goals.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math).
- 5-10 years of deep technical experience in one of more of the following domains: information security, distributed operating systems, databases, network technology, mobile payments, tokenized services, cloud-based and virtualized environments, IBM mainframe, or Hadoop.
- Experience evaluating system controls associated with complex business applications.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 10 - 25%.
- IT Audit certifications or other audit related certifications (e.g., CISA, CFE, etc.).
- Technical certifications or other information security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CEH, CISM, etc.).
- Project Management certifications (e.g., PMP, Prince2, etc.).
- Work experience in a large financial institution or a matrix organization.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.