Full Stack Developer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Payment technology has become a very popular area in the last several years. Given the strong demands and innovation, this will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is clearly a very strong leader in the payment industry and is in a fast-paced technology transformation. For a payment system to work well, advanced technologies such as data platform, big data, data mining, machine learning, cloud, etc. are critical. In VISA, we have all of these. The Data Platform (DP) Department is in the center for many of these technologies and development.
The Data Platform Department is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides an enriched and valuable ecosystem of data platform and data services to drive innovation for our partners and clients, within Visa and globally. Data is the most valuable asset in Visa. The Data Platform Department is dedicated to systems and services to make data secure, high quality, rich, fast, and easy to use, therefore enabling Visa with the ability to leverage its data asset in an effective and timely manner to maximize technology/business development and differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry. The department maintains tens of petabytes of data supporting over 100 services for various internal lines of business and external clients. Our technical stack has two layers: Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Data as a service (DaaS).
The Platform as a Service team is part of Visa's Data Platform division. Our mission is to provide the enabling technology and processes to manage Visa data assets and deliver Value Added Information Products and Services to our customers. Building next generation applications require collaboration with exceptional group of highly skilled data architects, software engineers, DevOps engineers, payment experts and infrastructure architects. This is an exciting time for a data professional to join our team to drive technology transformation.
A successful candidate is who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has customer obsession, think big, and knows to simplify. As a Full Stack Software Engineer, the candidate will leverage sound architectural principles to code the front and back end platform that enables full automation of the big-data platform.
The ideal candidate has strong technical background in cloud technologies, big data, and have a good written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate has production experience building all parts of a modern web-based application, is passionate about performance, testability, and maintainability, cares about quality of code, love to learn new technologies, and is passionate about speed of execution.
- Design, implement and manage big data cloud infrastructure
- Build integrated solutions with automation, monitoring, analytics, and user interfaces that enable full automation for build out and operation of big data platform.
- Keep a sharp eye for automation needs and opportunities. Innovate with new technology to enable innovative cluster management, inventory, monitoring, performance tuning.
- Keen to learn the latest big-data technologies, as well as the pros/cons of these technologies.
- Perform detailed technical design, development and unit testing of custom applications and data flow in the context of projects, releases and production support.
- Deliver high quality code for features and bug fixes.
- Refactor code to improve testability and maintainability.
- Keep up with industry best practices.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- 4+ yrs of Fullstack development experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively adapt to changing technology
- Understanding of RESTful APIs – both building and consuming
- Experience with PHP and a PHP MVC framework
- Understanding and experience building responsive interfaces with HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap
- Experience with React, VueJs (or other front-end frameworks) a bonus
- Experience with Linux environments and using the shell
- Experience with Python
- Experience with MySQL, DB2, or other RDBMS
- Experience writing tests (unit, functional, etc.), and using testing frameworks
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attitude toward getting things done while maintaining regard for code quality
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of initiatives and comfortable seeking help
- Comfortable tackling new problems and learning along the way
- Solid communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.