Fraud Screening Specialist
- Lehi, UT, USA
Very few companies can offer its employees the global reach that Visa does. That’s the power of Visa’s “My everywhere” – a big brand with limitless possibilities. Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with creative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world. Visa was recently recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in the U.S. and Fortune magazine highlighted us as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Everything we do is motivated by our leadership principles: Lead by Example, Communicate Openly, Enable and Inspire, Excel with Partners, Act Decisively, and Collaborate.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Client Services (CS) provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice-of-the-customer voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition to support client implementation of Visa products & and services globally, CSS is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including: Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. The team also provides support for Visa’s DPS, CyberSource and Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
The Order Screening Specialist is an integral part of the Merchant Services and Managed Risk teams and will involve investigating potentially fraudulent orders for some of our largest customers. This will involve researching a high volume of suspect orders to identify and decline fraudulent orders before they are processed. A successful candidate is able to deliver accurate and efficient results, seeks to learn, is dependable, and is coachable.
- Review and evaluate transactions in order to identify fraudulent activity
- Identify and assess key risk factors
- Assess potential risk exposure
- Utilize several computer programs and tools to assess risk of on-line transactions
- Escalate fraud trends to internal partners and merchants
- Document transactions to explain action taken
- Adhere to established Screening Management Guidelines and Expectations in order to meet and exceed performance expectations
- Sit or stand in a comfortable position at a sit/stand desk (as needed) for up to 8-10 hours per day with minimal breaks.
- Work at a computer with lighting above workstation.
- Ability to hear average/normal conversations over the phone.
- Ability exchange accurate information over the phone and in-person.
- Ability to make small movements such as typing, and navigating a computer via a mouse.
WHAT YOU GET FOR WORKING AT VISA:
- An environment filled with amazing people and incredible career opportunities
- Fun, rewarding work environment with on-site coffee and juice bar, unlimited beverages, game room and Visa loaner bikes.
- Competitive base pay along with quarterly bonuses that are based on maintaining attendance, schedule adherence, and quality plus shift and language differentials if applicable.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance from day 1.
- 401(k) with a company match, also from day 1 (You put in $1.00, we put in $2.00).
- Generous paid time off (21 days to start)
- Education Assistance, Adoption Assistance, and Commuter Assistance.
- Customer service experience required. Prior experience in call center, banking or internet and/or e-commerce environments is preferred.
- Candidates with risk management experience are highly preferred
- Bi-lingual Spanish is required
- Strong analytical skills with previous experience working with large volumes of data.
- Knowledge of online risk prevention strategies.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal skills, customer orientation, team interaction, problem solving and multi-tasking skills required.
- Must have punctual, regular and consistent attendance
- Associate or Bachelors degree preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.